Sill damage - Repairable? (picture attached)

bizzaboy

Hi guys,

Noticed this evening while at the petrol station with my wife's car, the Sill beneath the door has a deep scrape that has also dented the sill - about 8 - 9 inch in length.

What would have to be done to fix this, can it somehow be straightened again?
Whats the likely cost also?

It's probably happened while catching a high curb somewhere turning right.

P1030883.jpg

Hmmm. :(

doubt it would be an easy repair. A half decent smart repair company might be able to do something but i guess they would have to repaint the whole sill section to match the stone chip up. I'd go with the suggestion above and fit side skirts !

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
its in a "box section" and therfore will be very hard to access. Abody shop will probably fill and spray whole lower section. If you get side skirts they also will need painting and will possibly be more vunerable to high kerb stones !!. But what ever you do you need to seal the paint work with either clear laquer or matching paint other wise it WILL rust. .....................................

bizzaboy

Hi guys, thankyou for all your feedback, it's much appreciated.
(it is relevant to this Thread as it's a Mk2 Leon).

I was concerned it was a location difficult to simply 'knock out' :(
It's very disappointing too as she has only had the car a couple of months!

.....then you start wondering how and where it happened.

Well the car is due for a Service in a few weeks, so will request the Garage take a look at it, and as pointed out, at the very least will ensure it's painted / sealed to prevent rusting. ;)

Fitting Skirts could be a possibility, but it's still just hiding the "damage" that will have to be treated first anyway.

Again, cheers all for your feedback. Great.

Feb 12, 2006
North Lincolnshire.
What I would do is get it painted and sealed then fit side skirts which will make the car look much nicer but if your not that bothered you at least need to get the dent filled and resprayed.

pedy

Mar 29, 2007
denny - stirlingshire
the dent is repairable mate, its common, ive fixed loads like that and alot worse, no need for a new sill, a bodyshop would use a dent puller on it, fill it and spray it. the most common one is the new beetle because the sills sit out so far

bizzaboy

Fast Al - If this was my FR, I'd have no second thought about getting the Aero side skirts, would be (an almost) perfect excuse to do so! :D However I don't think my wife is that interested in getting them on her car.

pedy - That is very reassuring, lets hope the garage have the same outlook on how simple this repair could be!? Worst case scenario they will come back saying it needs a new Sill ! ££££ !!

I've even looked up stirlingshire (as per your profile), however you are a little too far away from us (over 400 miles) :D !

Thankyou guys for your feedback. :)

burnsy_b

FR 170 AKA THE CLANKS
Apr 25, 2009
LEEDS W YORKS
Hi guys, thankyou for all your feedback, it's much appreciated.
(it is relevant to this Thread as it's a Mk2 Leon).

I was concerned it was a location difficult to simply 'knock out' :(
It's very disappointing too as she has only had the car a couple of months!

.....then you start wondering how and where it happened.

Well the car is due for a Service in a few weeks, so will request the Garage take a look at it, and as pointed out, at the very least will ensure it's painted / sealed to prevent rusting. ;)

Fitting Skirts could be a possibility, but it's still just hiding the "damage" that will have to be treated first anyway.

Again, cheers all for your feedback. Great.

bizzaboy, like pedy says its an easy repair for a decent bodyshop i myself am a panel beater an have repaired worse then that matey, but whateva you do dont jst cover it up wi side skirts coz it wiil rust through ova time.

pedy

Mar 29, 2007
denny - stirlingshire
Fast Al - If this was my FR, I'd have no second thought about getting the Aero side skirts, would be (an almost) perfect excuse to do so! :D However I don't think my wife is that interested in getting them on her car.

pedy - That is very reassuring, lets hope the garage have the same outlook on how simple this repair could be!? Worst case scenario they will come back saying it needs a new Sill ! ££££ !!

I've even looked up stirlingshire (as per your profile), however you are a little too far away from us (over 400 miles) :D !

Thankyou guys for your feedback. :)

no bother mate, here to help!:D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.