Uber Bright Headlights

itsmefishy

Jul 23, 2009
Nottingham
Does anyone know of any easy to fit bright headlight bulbs or conversions? I want brilliant white ones, i know there as common as a tit in a strip bar, but i want some! lol

cheers lads n lasses, Fish

leon_lib

seat leon FTW
Dec 22, 2008
burnley
You can get h.i.ds or you could get uprated bulbs, h.I.ds will be the brightest option probs 10,000k will be whitest, unless am wrong?

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
10000k will look purple and will increase your chances of getting stopped by the police. 4500k will be the whitest and brightest. I've got 6000k white have a blue tint to them. got mine from hidsdirect. Some guys got theirs from hid4u.

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
carmodshop is where i purchased my 6000k HID kit

DSC00272.jpg

bizzaboy

Incase you didn't get that, 10000k will look Purple ! :p

Seriously, Xenon HID's are the way to go if you want BRIGHT !
You can get the Phillips "ultra bright" bulbs from places like Halfords but they do not come close to HID's - also for clarify.

stuartsjg

Oct 22, 2008
Aberdeen
Just get the uprated bulbs from RING or halfords. About £13 a bulb. My 110w bulbs have a blue tint to them and really do light up the road a LOT better. Much better cost wise that forking out on hids.

I had looked at putting in higher power bulbs but wasnt sure about how the reflectors would take the extra heat, the wiring and can-controller the extra current.

How long have you been running the uprated lamps? Any issues?

Ive currently got Osram Nightbreaker H1 for high beams and Philips X-Treme H7 for the full beams and they were a huge improvement over the standard. Both were standard wattage however.

Are there any retrofit issues with HID if you dont have washers etc? Not sure if i like the blue HID, white 4000-5000 if be ok with i think. Also your eyes cannot resolve blue detail so well in the dark so its kind of defeats the purpose of the bright bulb helping you see.

Thanks,
Stuart

leon_lib

seat leon FTW
Dec 22, 2008
burnley
if that was aimed at me, iirc they were about £80 approx for the can-bus compatible kit and also specially designed for reflector lens so as not to dazzle oncoming traffic.

fitted them with the help of a friend.

cheers so what should i been gettin when i buy them just hids 6000k able to go with cambus

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.