Looking at buying a leon mk2

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
Hi, I currently have a mk4 Ibiza pd130 sport (4th Ibiza) but fancy a change and have been looking at getting a mk2 leon, but cant decide whether to get a pd170 fr or 140? Ive heard bad stories about the reliability of the injectors on the 170?

If I get the 140 can I just put the 170 turbo on and its the same?

Thanks

Also been considering the 2.0tfsi fr as a possible new job will mean I only have to drive 10 mile a day hopefully!

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Whats your budget? The injectors were a recall on the 170 and should have been done by now. A call to Seat UK will confirm if they have been done. Haven't many other reliability issues since they've been changed.

I also don't think its as simple as putting the FR turbo on the 140. A remap on a 140 would be the better option.

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
Looking around 6-7k but know if I get the 140 I'll want the bumpers and other fr stuff!

Haven't had an insurance quote on the tfsi but the 170 is cheaper than my ibiza 130!

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
I find the insurance on a Cupra/R is cheaper than my PD170.

Definitely looking at a pre-facelift if wanting the FR. I love mine and haven't had any real issues with it (touches wood).

I've got a pair of FR/Cupra bumpers for £100 if you did get the 140 ;)

The only other upside to the 140 would be the lack of issues with the dpf, though if you do enough driving on motorways etc you shouldn't have issues. The PD170 isnt really a car to use on short commutes.

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
Yeah I prefer the preface lift styling I think, with the 140 what is the best trim? Ive seen sport, reference sport and stylance?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.