Best DRL bulbs??

Keegan

61 CR FR +
Dec 22, 2014
Glasgow
I got sum DRL bulbs from fleabay to raplace the horrible yellow one's. They are LED CANBUS one's apparently but they still bring the bulb warning on. The warning goes off if I switch my lights to auto then off again but why have the hastle. Has anyone else had any better experinces with non standard drl bulbs which are'nt horrible yellow as this does not match my xenon's and looks a bit stupid.

These are the ones I puchased 380517281314. Any info would be great thanks.

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
If you do a search for bulbs you should find loads of threads on it...some guys tested quite a few standard against aftermarket ones and took loads of pictures so I'm sure you will find what you are after.

1Toomanycars

Dec 29, 2014
Somerset
I'd like to do this on mine so that all the bulbs at the front are the same colour, but looking at what others have said, there is not a definitive answer as to which one's definately won't bring up errors!

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
if you are concerned about playing the led resistor lottery just get some MTEC bulbs instead, probably going to be a better match for xenons than the sharper leds anyway

1Toomanycars

Dec 29, 2014
Somerset

Keegan

61 CR FR +
Dec 22, 2014
Glasgow
Yeah the DRL bulbs are 382 and the side lights are 501. I have changed all interior bulbs to LED's and changed front sidelights (501's) to leds and don't have any warnings. I then fitted LED DRL'S (382) wbich have 44 individual SMD's and are really bright and look awesome but they bring the warning on the dash :( . This is fleabay part number 380517281314.

Does anyone have any pictures of the MTEC bulbs fitted with xenon to see the difference in colour.

Also can I activate my DRL's to come on with my side lights and xenon all at once using VCDM ??

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.