Anyone here with an understanding VCDS/VAG COM that can assist on a 2.0T?

Mr Bigglesworth

Dec 13, 2008
Herts
Hi all,

I have a 2.0T engine (in an Exeo, but I think this is essentially the same engine as will be in a 2.0t FR) and was doing some VCDS logging.

I did post over in that forum, but it's a bit tumbleweedy over there, so thought someone here might be able to give me a hand with some diagnosis.

Repeating some of my thread from over there:

- Did some boost logging (block 115) - pic below - is this normal?

2nd gear run
e0ic5t.png

and

3rd gear run
2jebxi0.png

- Did some Block 31 lambda on WOT logging (block 31-1) - is this normal?
14e2h39.png

- logged the n75 (on block 114), but what am I looking for to see if this is ok?

- Also checked for misfires. Now I don't seem to get any on heavy load runs, but it the high gear/low rpm running after a heavy load I do seem to get only a couple... Is this normal or does this point to an issue?

Would really appreciate any comments!

Last edited:

Mr Bigglesworth

Dec 13, 2008
Herts
Hey, I did some logging back in Nov which is here

http://1drv.ms/1yn9Iiu

Have a look at the the Chart tabs along the bottom, I think Chart 4 is boost.

Lambda to RPM looks OK to me, here is a good write up http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Fuel_Trim_Info

Oh and I did get some misfires at idle, ended up replacing Cyl 4 injector. But I think its not uncommon to get 1 or 2 on a TFSI.

Cheers, that's really useful - our MAFs are reading about the same I think, at 5080rpm mine was 147g.s (and at 6440rpm it was 156.3g/s) when in 2nd gear.

Looking at your boost, you do have a little bit of a sustained gap on your chart 4, have you looked into any sources of minor leak?

I didn't do my rail pressure, will do that on my next log.

Cheers for the Lambda info. The one this Lambda which was a bit out on mine, was logging block 32, idle trim was down at 0.1%, throttle trim was +13%, so a bit out of spec. My MAF seems good, so I wonder if its a case of dirty injectors.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise