Leon MK2 and MK2 Restyle differences

Filke

Dec 1, 2015
Belgrade
Hi,

First of all I'm sorry if this thread already exists I couldn't find it :) .

I want to know what are the main differences between MK2 (2006-2008) and MK2 Restyle (2009-2010).

As I've managed to see Restyle model has restyled front bumper and grille, a smaller SEAT logo in the front, retouched headlamps and tailights, larger rear window, and comes with SEAT's own XDS traction system as standard. The interior has also been revised, with a new dashboard and center console design.

These bolded items interest me.

1. larger rear window - Many buyers complained for bad visibility when driving in reverse. Is it better situation on Restyle model?

2. The interior has also been revised, with a new dashboard and center console design - OK, Restyle has smoother and nicer steering wheel, center console but is it really better interior, are better and more durable materials used?

New and revised engines I didn't mention them intentionally.

Is there any other important difference (car body and iterior)?

Last edited:
You really asking the difference between pre and facelift models across the range, yes rear boot as glass rapped around and pre has metal either side of the glass, I know on Far models front bumpers are wider on facelift and the pre is dreeper , also clocks climate unit and radio and long with slightly different pattern on the trim along with different steering wheel for interiors

Filke

Dec 1, 2015
Belgrade
OK. I know those differences I've already mentioned, they are visible at the a glance. But what about interior, are better and more durable materials used in restyled model? And overall does restyled model have better build quality and easier driving in reverse?

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Same build quality and rear visibility. Same cheap hard plastic everywhere on the interior. Everyone raves that the facelift interior is much better, but having owned both I don't agree.

I don't like that 80's style LCD climate and radio, think it looks cheap where as the piano black facelift looks much nicer especially the way it lights up, same goes for the instrument cluster, the flat bottom wheel makes a hell of a difference in the FR too

Filke

Dec 1, 2015
Belgrade
Yeah, you're right. Interior plastic looks so chip and so worn even car was 5 years old and just 40k miles.

Is interior plastic on Golf MK5 and Škoda Fabia MK2 better than Leon's?

P.S. Best detail on facelitf model is steering wheel and LCD climate and radio control.

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
I don't get why the flat bottomed steering wheel is considered "good" and I have f/l Cupra fitted with one!

ZiggyEP3

Jan 28, 2013
UK
I don't get why the flat bottomed steering wheel is considered "good" and I have f/l Cupra fitted with one!

I always thought it was for a bit more leg room when getting in cars with high performance credentials and tight cockpits then it just became a point of highlighting the sporty cars from the inside.

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
I always thought it was for a bit more leg room when getting in cars with high performance credentials and tight cockpits then it just became a point of highlighting the sporty cars from the inside.

Plenty of unsporting cars have them to look sporty. It is a fashion thing now.

As the owner of a prefaclift I'd say the facelift is slightly nicer, but it is splitting hairs really. Neither are great.

Not been biased but facelift is much nicer
IMG_1536_zpsmcyzazak.jpg

And with my rns510 mfd3 fitted

11208670_1013172542028246_5065317203566255709_n_zpsilbgjjnz.jpg

Filke

Dec 1, 2015
Belgrade
One question for the facelift model - As I've seen climate control is adjusted and displayed at Radio MP3 player! What to do? How to control climate device if you put some other Radio MP3 player or Multimedia NAVI player like Unit9 posted above?

Never2old

Jul 5, 2014
North East
I've had both so for interior I prefer the leon,for leg room and cabin space etc probably the same but for overall build quality the golf

Filke

Dec 1, 2015
Belgrade
OK. I assume by overall Golf build quality you mean engine, and other electronic stuffs. Plastic in Golf looks so undurable, almost every Golf I've seen had worn or damaged power windows, climatronic, radio buttons and headlights switch!

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.