Remap - Anything particular to look out for?

May 12, 2017
Bristol
Hi guys,

Thinking of getting my car (Mk2 Leon FR 2.0 TFSI) remapped in the not too distant future.

I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts/opinions are, does it come highly recommended or possibly something to avoid.

I've been told that the car can suffer faults with the pistons (cracking) as a result of a remap, is there any truth in this? Is there anything else to potentially look out for?

Appreciate any and all kinds of suggestions/recommendations!

Apologies if this topic has already been covered, I haven't/can't see anything in the forums.... might be looking in the wrong place tbf. (fairly new member)

Thanks for taking the time to read guys :)

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Give rtech a call , they health check your car prior and custom tune your car safely, avoid cheap generic maps where possible. I recently had my cupra stage 2 and was impressed with their service and what they transforned my car into.

Others may recommend apr or revo but for the money rtech id say is miles ahead

leon cupra rtech stage 2, 3inch turbo back exhaust , forge twintake , r8 coil packs - 323bhp 333ft lb

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
In standard form these engines has low levels of boost and a remap transforms the car to what it should have been.

Things to keep in mind is failing ignition coils are common anyway, but a remap might push one to fail if it hasn't been replaced recently.

Another thing is the diverter valve, that is attached to the turbo, depending on the part number you have can split/leak boost after a remap due to higher psi.

Depending on the condition of the clutch it could start slipping also.

Last edited:

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
In standard form these engines has low levels of boost and a remap transforms the car to what it should have been.

Things to keep in mind is failing ignition coils are common anyway, but a remap might push one to fail if it hasn't been replaced recently.

Another thing is the diverter valve, that is attached to the turbo, depending on the part number you have can split/leak boost after a remap due to higher psi.

Depending on the condition of the clutch it could start slipping also.

Couldnt be put any better

leon cupra rtech stage 2, 3inch turbo back exhaust , forge twintake , r8 coil packs - 323bhp 333ft lb

May 12, 2017
Bristol
Thanks for the info guys, appreciate your time! :)

I'm looking at going ahead with the remap at the end of the month depending on whether I actually get my car back from the garage or not!

Thanks again.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.