Iphone 7 mount / holder

arsenalmorris

Gooner
Aug 4, 2012
Chesterfield
Looking for recommendations please if anyone has a good one i would be interested to hear / see pics, Ideally am not looking for a windscreen mounted one but other options, Thanks

dynamis_dk

Jun 28, 2017
Barnsley, Yorkshire
I've just got a Brodit holder, they are not cheap but very sturdy and well built. I've had one in every car I've had for nearly 10 years and always been extremely happy. You can sometimes pick them up cheap on eBay too which saves a little cash. Google Brodit IPhone holder and there's a few variants

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I use this with mine:

ypsO9Lz.jpg

Went for the larger one even though I had the smaller iPhone (was easier to get in n out).

Specity

Feb 3, 2017
Id also recommend what M4rtin has suggested, the magnetic ones... theres some where it opens an app when connected for hands free, mines a logitech one which does it but its quite expensive but am sure you can find similar on amazon cheaper.

Dowson1993

Jan 20, 2017
140a4a902e77e0480b82b2d2d88485b7.jpg

I use these vent mount magnetic mounts strong enough for my 7 plus phones never fell off it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dowson1993

Jan 20, 2017
Bought a cheap like 5 pound one from b&m to replace my anker one cause the grips for it wouldn't fit my vents on the mk1 but that one would fit and hold properly

arsenalmorris

Gooner
Aug 4, 2012
Chesterfield
brilliant responses, i am quite interested in the magnetic ones, couple of questions, are they really that strong where the magnets dont come off at all and second, does anyone know of any of the magnetic style ones that maybe fit in the cd slot instead of the vents

m4rtin

Dec 6, 2004
Northwich, Cheshire
I use my cheap ebay one every time I get in the car as I use Waze (navigate app) to check for traffic, accidents, speed camera etc. It holds it pretty strong and has never fallen off.

One thing to note, as it is held on using magnets the thicker the case the weaker the attraction will be, pretty obvs probably. I use a slim case (see link below) which I prefer anyway and that works perfectly.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-Thi...s-RC20-/112346890868?var=&hash=item1a28658274

Last edited:

Dowson1993

Jan 20, 2017
I use my cheap ebay one every time I get in the car as I use Waze (navigate app) to check for traffic, accidents, speed camera etc. It holds it pretty strong and has never fallen off.

One thing to note, as it is held on using magnets the thicker the case the weaker the attraction will be, pretty obvs probably. I use a slim case (see link below) which I prefer anyway and that works perfectly.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-Thi...s-RC20-/112346890868?var=&hash=item1a28658274

If your case is thick just stick your plate on the case granted takes away from your case but solves the issue with it falling off so easily

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members