Where is EGR on 2011 1.6 CR TDI?

TI KUFF

May 26, 2015
I can't seem to find the EGR on my 2011 1.6 CR TDI engine.

I have taken a picture of what I think is the EGR, but am not 100% sure.
2cy2kxk.jpg

The EGR on my Leon is playing up, after long drives e.g. 2hr drive on the motorway the engine manage light comes on also with the glow plug light and the engine basically goes into limp mode until I turn off and turn the car back on.

I want to do a EGR delete and heard there is a vac pipe on the EGR I just need to disconnect, can this be done on the 1.6 CR TDI engine? Or will I have to use the blanking plate?

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool
My understanding is it's on the back of the engine not easily accessible hence sometimes you see very expensive prices being quoted to replace at the dealers sometimes 4 figure numbers.

I don't think it's a simple job, darkside developments do a kit https://www.darksidedevelopments.co...l-egr-blanking-kit-and-egr-cooler-delete.html

It will need mapping out then however and I'm not sure how it would then affect the DPF regeneration as the EGR is used during regeneration I think.

I was wondering about ditching the EGR if I ever ran into issues so would be interested to see if you did decide to ditch it and how it goes.

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool
Also, just out of interest you've not had the emissions fix had you? Because many people have had EGR valves replaced or a good will gesture towards it as even though VW group won't admit it there's many people having both EGR and DPF issues following the 'fix'

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.