playing the waiting game...

Starbank

Sep 22, 2005
Edinburgh
Car has finally arrived and I'll be picking it up tomorrow!

Been to see the new honeycomb grille piece too - simply screws on behind the standard grille - 2 min job and cost me a whopping £14.

Will hopefully get some photo's up later in the week once I've had a play with my new toy!

Dealer said 12 weeks from order - it arrived in 11 weeks!

slo2mad

Motor Vehicle Technician
Mar 12, 2003
oxfordshire
Visit site
Starbank said:
Been to see the new honeycomb grille piece too - simply screws on behind the standard grille - 2 min job and cost me a whopping £14.

I'd like to see a piccy of the honeycomb grill, I was washing mine at the weekend and noticed the grill around the "S" badge is well spaced out leaving the radiator very vunerable to stones and small mammals etc.

I too hope you have as much fun in your new toy as i'm having.

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
Thanks LeakyTurnip

Is that the Zenith Grey? How does it wash up?

It looks a bit dark I can imagine it always going smeary when you try and wash it.

LeakyTurnip

Mull Fember
Feb 11, 2005
N.Ireland
Yip, its Zenith Grey!

I didn't like the colour when I first seen it on a demo car, but that's changed now! :D

I've had the LifeShine treatment added to it, so washing it is a doddle. Those pictures were taked before I had the treatment added.

If you get a change call into a dealer and look at the paint swatch that they have and then imagine it slightly lighter. It depends what type of light you are looking at it in. It can seem very deep and dark, or very light and sparkly!

It would be darker that your Platinum Grey...

Great colour though!

Last edited:

Starbank

Sep 22, 2005
Edinburgh
Picked up the new car earlier this evening!

The honeycomb section fits behind the original vertically slatted grille - it's not too obvious, looks very neat and gives the front end a little extra - I'm chuffed.

The leccy sunroof works a treat as do the rear parking sensors and heated seats - delighted I chose them as options. The fit and finish of the sunroof and roof trim around it are first class by the way.

Have to say the 16 inch alloys on the Ref Sport are very nice indeed and to be honest it's not too obvious they are actually smaller than the 17's on the Sport. They've put some Goodyear Eagle tyres on which is no bad thing either! Absolutely no concerns about the ride which is taut and responsive.

Nice throaty noise coming out the exhaust - and the FSi engine seems to be quiet with plenty of grunt - only dabbled gently and won't be pushing too hard for a good few months yet though as the car only had 6 miles on the clock!.

With some people with Altea's complaining about the poor sound quality of the stereo, I paid particular attention to this. Have to say the factory setting is pretty flat but once I fiddled with the treble, bass and fade the sound quality was improved no end! No concerns about that at all. I'm not one for super woofers, deafening base and the volume turned up to full blast so for me the standard stereo will be fine.

The sports seats offer plenty of support and once I sorted out the seating position and steering wheel reach/rake I was very comfortable - big, big improvement over the Lupo GTi I handed over! Again if anyone is considering buying a new Leon, get the heated seats they are fab!

Early doors yet, but the car seems to be well built and there are no rattles or dashboard squeaks - in fact I will repeat what I said elsewhere on a thread, I think the ergonmics, look, fit and finish of the dash are just fine - can't see why some people and journalists pick up on it.

Chuffed to bits.

I'll take some pics tomorrow hopefully and get them up on here this week.

s22jcd

Jun 25, 2005
I have got a little rattle with the back tweeter on the drivers side but taking it into seat to see if they can sort the problem.

Apart from that and the bluetooth phone book not working everything is great.

Have you got an image of the honeycomb grill please.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members