What did you drive before you joined the LEON stable?

oisin mc r

Jul 20, 2010
Bury manchester
Seat leon tdi 130
Honda civic type r
BMW 330d
Now seat leon cupra

e91d9aac2a8b148d12934d73e3053feb.jpg
9da1ea100d503680eae85913f0f9e73e.jpg
1f39dc30e984d79c064c38411ef1c959.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never2old

Jul 5, 2014
North East
Golf mk2 91 had this 5 years used it as a show car
Ford focus 2000 ran this with the golf
Golf gttdi 2005 had this 6 years
Seat Leon fr 2012 18 months so far

AdeD

Adrian
May 12, 2014
Audi B7 RS4 (still got it)
Porsche 911 C4
Porsche Boxster S
Mitsubishi ASX4 (wifes)
Mini Works Convertible (wifes)
BMW 330ci Sport Convertible
Civic Type R
Subaru Impreza Sti Prodrive
BMW 330 Sport
BMW 325 Sport
Audi S3
BMW 318i
Saab 93 Convertible (what was i thinking!)
Focus ST
Golf VR6
...... ok i'm bored now.... i've had too many cars.. i need to get a life lol..

Benjuan

Feb 14, 2013
Wakefield
Audi B7 RS4 (still got it)
Porsche 911 C4
Porsche Boxster S
Mitsubishi ASX4 (wifes)
Mini Works Convertible (wifes)
BMW 330ci Sport Convertible
Civic Type R
Subaru Impreza Sti Prodrive
BMW 330 Sport
BMW 325 Sport
Audi S3
BMW 318i
Saab 93 Convertible (what was i thinking!)
Focus ST
Golf VR6
...... ok i'm bored now.... i've had too many cars.. i need to get a life lol..

Which was your favourite?

AdeD

Adrian
May 12, 2014
Which was your favourite?

hmm, thats a difficult one really... my overall fav is the RS4 closely followed by the 911 however the 2 cars i really enjoyed driving as they're light, responsive and great to throw around was the Subaru Sti & the Leon Cupra we have now.. however only since installing the coilovers.. the suspension was too soft on the Cupra for me as standard...

The worst was the Mitsubishi by a mile, never ever again will i own one of those... and also the Civic Type R... not impressed with either of those...

Oh the Focus.. that was a load of sh*te as well... randomly didn't start for no reason for about 20 mins at a time... walk away and come back 20 - 30 mins later and it would start and run fine for another 2 - 3 months before it happened again... Ford always insisted there was nowt wrong with it...

Deleted member 94519

Mine certainly don't compare with that list AdeD!

mostly in order

Ford Ka3
Which the GF-of-the-time wrote off by disembowelling it on the barriers on the A1 (quite a feat in itself though). Had all the usual gizmos at the time which was good for such a small car. Terrible engine (1.3 Duratec I think it was) - awful mileage, ludicrous lack of power, but there we go. As a first car it probably was a good idea!

Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec
Still pretty underpowered, but was much more fun to drive than the Ka. Ironically had the most speeding tickets in this than any other car. Put it down to immaturity and inattention to those little boards with the numbers on them at the side of the road!

BMW MINI Cooper S
First and last car I'll ever buy new. Bought at the peak of the MINI mania, lost a bundle (as you do) driving it off the lot. I do miss the supercharger whine though... Made the mistake of swapping the standard tyres for some Eagle F1s which gripped a lot better, but then didn't warn you at all before letting go completely. Managed to snap a suspension arm clean in half and do a 720 spin on an A-road roundabout which was definitely buttock-clenching. Sold to a very nice man who put it to good use doing passenger tours of the Isle of Man TT course.

Land Rover Defender Td5 110 Hardtop
If you've never owned a Defender you won't get it but I still want another one! With big BF Goodrich Mud Terrain tyres, a snorkel and tree sliders, it was unstoppable. Esp with a remap. Great fun, and never worried about speeding tickets. Mind you the occasional motorway trip was exhausting.

Peugeot 306 tdi
A real workhorse. Bought to ferry the dogs around in, already smelled a bit of farm and dog when I bought it! But never complained, never went wrong, and even though it was ancient still got 45mpg out of it...

Toyota Aygo black edition
A funny little car. Had lots of toys but fairly poor build quality. Had to rev the nuts off the poor little 1.0L 3cyl block to get anywhere but that's what it was meant to do anyway really! Great for a little city runabout. Sadly got burnt out by some chavs who stole the keys out of the house.

And now have our new baby:
Seat Leon Cupra (mk2) in a lovely metallic black - not sure which one though (it's got the slightly red/purple flecks in it). Few little niggles to work out then hopefully thousands of miles of driving with a grin on my face!

Spenno

Aug 19, 2014
Carnoustie
My last car before the Leon was a 2004 Subaru Impreza STI which I'd got to 540bhp. Still regret getting rid of it :(

Last edited:

CharlySkunkweed

Aug 10, 2014
Northern Ireland
Need to be a member to view mate. The Bug was an awesome car , wish I didn't have to get rid of it. But it was 12 years old and rust made an appearance in the usual places so I let someone take it on. I never got to drive it like it should either , it was wasted on me.