1st annoying noise on my K1

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
Over the last few days i have noticed an annoying ticking noise coming from around the instrument console or steering column. It basically sounds like a tick tick tick then goes off, then comes on again a few minutes later. Iv,e only noticed it when stationary as the sound is inaudible once your up and moving - any ideas?

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
if its around the glove box, then its the aircon system. very common, do a search :)

its fairly normal :)

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
if its around the glove box, then its the aircon system. very common, do a search :)

its fairly normal :)

No its def comiing from the bottom of the instrument console or just where the steering column dissapears under the cowl ?????

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
has to be the air con pump....?

happens on pretty much every car, quite loud in mine.

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
has to be the air con pump....?

happens on pretty much every car, quite loud in mine.

Surely it can,t be normal to hear it so loud in the cabin - i always have it on econ so isn,t the air con pump switched off?

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Surely it can,t be normal to hear it so loud in the cabin - i always have it on econ so isn,t the air con pump switched off?

i always have the econ on, but still hear it. Cant remember exactly what the cause is.

BrainSample

It's definitely to do with the air recirculation flap motor. If you press the air-recirculation button the noise will go away. I mentioned it when I had my 2006 FR serviced at Marshall Seat in Cambridge. The technician said that he had contacted Seat about it and had made some adjustments to bring the clunking noise to to an acceptable level. Still just as loud and very annoying!

Last edited by a moderator:

Thorgen

It's the Climatronic that ticks or better, lightly knocks. Had it in my Golf V and has it in the Leon.