crap horn

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
hi folks, i sounded my horn the other day and it has suddenly turned :gay:. it was ok for a start but now has turned into the sound you would here on a scooter. do these cars have two horns and maybe one of them have died. please help as i cant beep my horn until this is sorted.

thanks, owen

owenwestby1

I've got exactly the same problem. I had two Mk 5 Golfs (1.9 TDI SE and 2.0 GT TDI) before my Leon and both horns on the Golf were different, 2.0 TDI was much more manly. Wouldn't have thought they would change the sound of the horn with different specced cars. Think I might pop mine into Seat for some warranty work and see what they say.

owenwestby1

Thanks for that Nath. Does anyone know whether its something they may replace under warranty?
Cheers
Owen

owenwestby1

Thanks again. I've got to pop it in for some more bits and bobs which need attention, got some issues with my door mirrors... We'll soon see what they say.

Sorry for hi-jacking this thread owen_lcr

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Could check it out if you have time min. Remember we had access to it when we did your intercooler. Give me a call sometime.

stu38

Mar 8, 2007
Essex
Hi guys have had this prob with the horn to on my fr got it replaced under warranty as one side failed, they said they have changed quite a few on leons but fine now:whistle:

owenwestby1

Right, car went in for a service and some warranty work yesterday. Fixed quite a lot of issues (folding mirrors, fogged up rear lights etc) for me but they couldn't fault my horn! So looks like I'll be left with my Graham Norton sounding horn...

Do other peoples horns sound "funny" or do they have a deep sound to them?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.