Emissons light on Mk2 LEON

Rua1r1

Rua1r1
May 5, 2009
Co.Armagh
Hey guys, i was out driving 2nite when my emissons light came on and it is staying lit. i was looking to know what this means and if anyone has had the same problem. Is there anything to get worried about ????

silverfox

Feb 19, 2004
far far away
Visit site
It might not be a DPF issue. Exhaust sensors are prone to failure on FR TDi. Go get it checked out by dealer while emissions light is still on. Sounds like same problem I had. Replaced exhaust sensor and it's been perfect since.

Bretty

May 21, 2008
Lancashire
I had the same problem last week, the stealers knew what was wrong as soon as i mentioned the engine management light and fixed within the hour.

Rua1r1

Rua1r1
May 5, 2009
Co.Armagh
I went for a drive earlier there, i took it easy driving at 40mph for about 10-15mins in 4th gear then the light went out :) cheers WHEELWRIGHT that attachment was very useful

leon_lib

seat leon FTW
Dec 22, 2008
burnley
what happens if the light comes on and you have a aftermarket exhaust will they still fix it under warrenty?

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
wet to the dealers today and it was found to be an electrical fault with one of the exhaust sensors. they had a replacement in stock thankfully so got it changed under warranty :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members