Leon Cupra Diffuser

I think he said in the first post the OEM replacement was 500R (£40) compared with the aftermarket one being 7000R (~£572)

I also think it looks a lot better than one you would "stick" on top of the original part!

You didn't make any schematics of the fins did you? :D

CHRI55

Yes its been Tango'd
Oct 15, 2006
Norfolk
awsome mate. but like sujested probly should of used plastic instead of wood, as wood expands if it gets damp, and might crack the paint. hope it doesn't do this, as it is such a sweet job.
what thickness of material did you use for the fins mate.

Once again well done!!

hubbly_bubbly

[center][img]http://i374.
Aug 18, 2008
Johannesburg, South Africa
I can make some fin schematics, shouldnt be a problem. Yup the custome diffuser came in 12 times cheaper than the one i wouldve bought. It helps to call in some favours with sprayers :)

Thi fins are 10mm thick. Plastic should be best, not sure how easy it is to sand to the curvature of the plastic bumper. The wood swelling is a concern and I did silicone the screw heads to try seal the wood completely from the elements.

Looks great on white... only concern is the cost of spraying? How much do we reckon guys for this section sprayed? Would it be possible to vinyl wrap it in matt black or are the fins a bit too severely shaped to adhere to properly? Surely someone can make an abs version for sub £100?

ste-lfc

Jul 7, 2005
cheshire
Looks very nice great job:)...I liked it so much i have found a company who can make a replacement diffuser.....

hubbly_bubbly

[center][img]http://i374.
Aug 18, 2008
Johannesburg, South Africa
The back bumper with the plastic section removed,
DSC00147.jpg

The OEM plastic diffuser is attached with lots of clips and about 4 screws at the bottom. Quite a tough job to get the two apart. The bumper needs to be removed to get the OEM diffuser off.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I must admit that I would prefer an OEM finish rather than gloss black. If it had the rough plastic finish, I would be more keen although the gloss black would look ok on the Cupra with the pillars, mirror caps grill and bottom bib on the front bumper being a shiny black finish.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members