What did you and your MK2 do today?

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
I can't tell from the picture, is there one already there?
For the price I would just replace both
From what iv saw online there is a metal shim and then that black plastic cover

Every fix thread iv saw people say they only needed a new black plastic cover

Where could i find a gearbox parts diagram?

leon cupra 1p stage 1 , 3inch turbo back exhaust , forge twintake , r8 coil packs

Wondering

Jan 1, 2010
Cardiff
Gave her a wash.
0d64c0c1d69887d8b21aab0b12b3e56b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kapitein Merijn

Mar 30, 2017
Placed some led drl's today.
Also bought some resistors but they weren't necessary.
56ccedd151bbd04e0b6793f579932e24.jpg

I hope I don't have to use them later on because I can't find a place to put them.

Looks so much better now.
fd31135072cb47e158001d87a559a01a.jpg

538e25316cb2fec4b0a720d85f0e6851.jpg

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Changed my rear disks and pads....ive never had such a nightmare changing disks and pads in my life...

leon cupra 1p stage 1 , 3inch turbo back exhaust , forge twintake , r8 coil packs

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Getting the brake disc screw off?
That was the easiest.

1. My wheels nuts had been overtightend to the extent i had to go buy the biggest breaker bar halfords sold.

2. After removing the calipers i then realised i need a 16mm spline socket. So popped to halfords in my 1.0 focus.

3. After getting spline socket do you think i could crack the carrier bolts??? Required my 1m long breaker bar and blood sweat and alot of tears.(both sides)

4.my caliper wouldnt rewind freely......resulted in use of the breaker bar and a 2nd pair of hands. (Drivers side wound back fine).

Do what did i learn? Breaker bars are very very useful.

Honestly never experienced a job like it

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Sounds like some stuff has never been touched before lol or maybe had impacted it all on!
Someone out there clearly had a good laugh over tightening it all knowing i was going to attempt it

Car has 80k on and the pads was nearly on metal so id like to guess maybe they hadnt ever been changed

notorious_d

Notorious_D
Jun 7, 2017
Hi Guys, complete newbie here, trying to get my posts up :lol:

Put a TRC splitter on my K1 the other week, just painted all the badges black, now thinking of removing the C U P R A badge at the rear....

Ordered a neuspeed P flo kit from Awesome yesterday, interested to see your opinions on this kit?? VS maybe the Revo or Forge twin kits....

Probably should have asked before I spent the money :D

Will get some pics up soon

Last edited:

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
The Revo one is better.... Bigger diameter with smooth transitions, better heatshield, better filter.....

And its cheaper or very similar price too. Silly not to

notorious_d

Notorious_D
Jun 7, 2017
The Revo one is better.... Bigger diameter with smooth transitions, better heatshield, better filter.....

And its cheaper or very similar price too. Silly not to

Cant cancel now as its already dispatched, I'm not going for HUGE power, K1 is still me daily. I think you would only notice the 'better air flow' when going for 4-500 bhp. It is still one piece so airflow should be the same as the revo....

Ahh anyway man it took me ages to decide on the neuspeed. Awesome did not stock Revo plus it was working out about £40 inc postage more than the neuspeed.

Plus neuspeed came in red :D:D:D

thanks for the advice though :clap: