Common Leon MK2 Problem Log

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
As proposed by Redemption, based on my post, the forum is a great place to look for common issues with the MK2 in order to provide our service garages with an extra little checklist.
May be handy to, perhaps post-discussion, post the issue in here with links to threads with resolutions.

Reactions: Knighto

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
Last edited:

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
ABS/ESP Light stuck on. This is a common fault across the VAG range and affects lots of models, not just the Leon. Info in the link below:-

www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=234463

There is also info here as well as a company that can repair the problem should Seat not be able to help or prove to be too expensive.

www.sinspeed.co.uk/blog/volkswagen-...-brake-pressure-sender-sensor-switch-failure/

I must say that I am not affiliated with them and have not used their services but the info on their site is useful.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
ABS/ESP Light stuck on. This is a common fault across the VAG range and affects lots of models, not just the Leon. Info in the link below:-

www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=234463

There is also info here as well as a company that can repair the problem should Seat not be able to help or prove to be too expensive.

www.sinspeed.co.uk/blog/volkswagen-...-brake-pressure-sender-sensor-switch-failure/

I must say that I am not affiliated with them and have not used their services but the info on their site is useful.

Another link with good DIY info
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=330365

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
Still under warrant Mike so was done FOC some folk have quoted around £40 for the fix it's just a bit of sticky back foam a la blue peter :)

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I don't know if this is of any help, but tomorrow SEAT are replacing the O/S Shock bearing mount under warranty, after I complained of a squeaking from the suspension.

Also tomorrow my bonnet soundproofing is being done after the dealer said it couldn't be done through warranty, I showed him the TPI number off this thread and now he is more than happy to replace it under warranty :D

Thanks seatcupra users!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.