DIY Racechip

olly986

Hi there,

In theory, it looks like if you buy a ECU online (going for Racechip as the control box is supplied with it) you should be able to swap the original with the new remap one, if possible, where am I looking to find the ECU on car?

Did anyone of you have done this before?

Would be going to Racechip TBPro2 for my 2.0 tfsi

Any recommendation? Do I need to change something else on car at that stage or can I upgrade later on (ex exhaust)

Thanks for your comments

olly986

Jesus for the price of that piece of junk you can get yourself a decent map

While your at it remove the Cupra badge as its not a Cupra ;)

Thanks for that plain explanation, saw them on forum, looks like sponsors maybe?

What do you recommend so for my not Cupra? and is it a straight swope or not?

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
I'm with A.
Don't **** around with DIY when it comes to the central brain of your entire car.
Unless you really know what you're doing.
Judging by the fact that you don't know where the ECU is (I don't mean this rudely), it's probably not a good idea. But to answer your question, it's on the middle/passenger side under where the windshield wipers would be if they were horizontal...under the bonnet :) ....I think. Could be wrong.

Recommended finding a reputable tuner near you. Or one of the big brands (Revo/APR).

olly986

Thanks S

It is just while searching for ECU I came accross a couple of companies selling online "chips" so my understanding was that it sounded like a straight swap, but your recommendation makes sense, will look who does these revo/apr here in Eire.

And I did not think you were rude by the way, when you do not know, the easiest way to find out is to ask.

Thanks, have to go now looking for a thread to debadge the FR at rear of car, like the Cupra letters better lol

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
No No No Buddy lol you want to get rid of the Cupra Badge and sell them to someone. The car is an FR right?

Lol!

Ah leave the guy. If he wants to call his FR a Cupra...so be it. Or just debadge entirely? Leave people guessing when you smoke them :) haha

I'm starting a new DIY project to change the S on my front grill to a Nissan GT-R "GT-R" logo.

Didn't realise you were in clover country.
No idea where the remappers are there. I'm sure there are people on here though that could tell you.

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Lol!

Ah leave the guy. If he wants to call his FR a Cupra...so be it. Or just debadge entirely? Leave people guessing when you smoke them :) haha

I'm starting a new DIY project to change the S on my front grill to a Nissan GT-R "GT-R" logo.

No idea where the remappers are there. I'm sure there are people on here though that could tell you.

True, It is his car, was a suggestion lol :cartman:

Would love to see a GTR badged up leon go for it hahahaha :rofl: (sike)

EndlessNameless

Keep it Maximum
Jun 26, 2012
True, It is his car, was a suggestion lol :cartman:

Would love to see a GTR badged up leon go for it hahahaha :rofl: (sike)

I'm going to badge mine as a Bentley.

Well Volkswagen do own the brand, so my Leon is basically a spanish-built family hatchback Bentley, right?

Might go for the full "footballer" treatment and get it wrapped in gold sticky back plastic, too.

Actually, sod it, may as well go all in. Bugatti Leon coming up.

F1

Aug 7, 2017
Lol!

GT-R badge that would either be cool or dim-witted lol :confused:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members