2011 Leon DSG noise (maybe AC related??)

spoonflames

Mar 17, 2013
Preston
Thanks for the replies. Luckily as i'm often travelling between two cities i have a few choices of dealers. i'll try one in Manchester (lookers i think) next and go from there.

Reading threads on various VAG sites about noisey DSG gearboxes is making me panic a little, but also more determined to get them to look at it.

The last time i heard this type of noise it was gearbox bearings on a renault clio. It's not as bad but soudns like the start of it.

spoonflames

Mar 17, 2013
Preston
Booked in for another dealer this Thursday.
I'm now hearing the occasional clunk when dropping gears or changing from N to D.

Able208

Hi Spoonflames, did you get to the bottom of this fault? I bought my 61 plate Leon FR less than a week ago and have been concerned by a noise that sounds identical to the symptoms you have described. It's a constant low drone that occurs above 15mph. At first I thought it was wind noise, but now I think possibly tyres.

Any info greatly appreciated

whiteb06

Aug 12, 2017
Portsmouth, Hampshire, Uk
Seat leon 1.6 tdi dsg

Just wondering if you ever found the fault with this, Ive had my Leon around 18 Months and have the same kind of noise ???

My Car: Seat Leon 1.6 TDI DSG, Copa 2012/62

seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=378211[/url]

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Does it get worse at higher engine RPMs, or is it a speed related or constant noise?

whiteb06

Aug 12, 2017
Portsmouth, Hampshire, Uk
Hello

Revs, speed does not have an impact and you cannot hear it above 20ish MPH, it's also intermittent but there is also a slight banging noise, again this is intermittent.

Seat cannot find an issue

Thank you

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.