Cupra Misfire issues!!!

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Northern Ireland: Limavady
Need your advice folks!

Have a 07 cupra on 82k

Had misfire issues at idle only, last may, compression test done and cylinder one was very low diagnosed as carbon deposits and inlet valves sticking open cylinder 1 and was pretty nasty in there!

so head taken off, new intake valves fitted, valve stem oil seals and head acid dipped and tested, new injector seals, new head gasket fitted and all other seals etc

Car was built up again and drove it for a month or two before SORNing it for winter in August.

Got car out of storage again last week and MIL light is on! Scanned and random multiple misfire detected at idle cylinder 1. Pulled plugs out and cylinder 1 plug is very black rest are a chocolate brown colour so would indicate running rich cylinder one.

Going to do compression test now again. Do you guys think I've an injector that's leaking? Causing cylinder 1 to run rich? Injectors weren't tested by the garage last year when were removed.

Any input appreciated thanks!

Jul 6, 2013
West Yorkshire
I had my injectors test by Mr Injector UK, he only charged £125 for testing them with a full print out of flow and new seals. For the sake of it I'd get them checked if I was you after spending all that money on a top end rebuild.