Save my sanity

Trublu07

Oct 7, 2008
Essex
Rattle rattle rattle. It's all I can hear and it's driving me mad. It's outside the car and sounds metallic as can only hear it with window open.
The only thing I can find slightly loose is the drivers side metal hook that holds the pipes towards the rear. (Fuel lines?). Has anyone else had this before? Thoughts please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Rattle rattle rattle. It's all I can hear and it's driving me mad. It's outside the car and sounds metallic as can only hear it with window open.
The only thing I can find slightly loose is the drivers side metal hook that holds the pipes towards the rear. (Fuel lines?). Has anyone else had this before? Thoughts please

I had the fuel line rattles you can hesr it most on idle in the drivers footwell

leon cupra rtech stage 2, 3inch turbo back , revo intake , r8 coil packs - 323bhp 333ft lb

Trublu07

Oct 7, 2008
Essex
Can't hear it on idle only when moving. Doesn't sound like it's from footwell. Sounds like it's outside the car over my right shoulder.
The line clip on that side is looser than the other though. How did you fix it?

Last edited:

F1

Aug 7, 2017
I have so many noises they try to compete with each other to see who can irritate me the most.
The worst is a metallic wurring sound when I accelerate which stops when I go around corners??

Trublu07

Oct 7, 2008
Essex
I have so many noises they try to compete with each other to see who can irritate me the most.
The worst is a metallic wurring sound when I accelerate which stops when I go around corners??

See I can't hear mine going around corners as bad which makes me think it's something loose and when you corner there is not as much air pushing against it to make the noise.

Jfox

Nov 8, 2012
I think i actually have the same noise at the moment!

It sounds like a metal "washer" rattling against something. ive checked a few things and its nothing obvious.

I have bought a new set of heat shield fasteners and i am going to replace any missing or loose ones.

Other than that, i dont know.

Good luck tracking it down and let us know if you have any more ideas :(

lodge

Aug 22, 2010
Swansea
I had something similar which turned out to be an exhaust clamp that became slightly loose.

Trublu07

Oct 7, 2008
Essex
Thanks guys. Any suggestions how to tighten the fuel line wire runner? It does move on that side but unsure how to tighten it (if possible).

Trublu07

Oct 7, 2008
Essex
Is it an annoying rattle or does it sound like something a bit more serious, like something heavy or chunky kind of sound?

Sounds light. Sometimes sounds like a spokey but it's not a heavy sound.

Jfox

Nov 8, 2012
i found my rear heat shield above my backbox was loose on the one side.

Bought some new fixings and managed to get it secure.

Noise stopped.

I didnt think it would make such a noise but obviously so.

Worth a look!

Trublu07

Oct 7, 2008
Essex
I popped into a garage the other day and they had it on the ramp. Everything is secure and I couldn't find anything loose. They took it for a drive and said it's a wheel bearing. I thought that was more of a drone noise whereas this sounds more tinny and sometimes stops for a second or so.

Last edited:

Slappi

Jul 31, 2014
Don't suppose you have checked the rear brake disc backing plate/shield mate? Although they do clang a bit more than what you've described!

Trublu07

Oct 7, 2008
Essex
Yeah that was one of the first things I checked. It's deff coming from the middle or front. I think it might be the bearing you know, my boy has a fidget spinner and the bearing sounds just like it . Taking that to the garage with me

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members