Saying hi!

Coley

Aug 9, 2017
Hi guys. Thought I'd introduce myself. Got a slight problem and wondering what people think. I've got a mk2 cupra r, it's been mapped. Has a oversize induction kit, r8 coils, pcv delete and amd diverter valve. When I throttle the car under heavy load (foot to the floor in 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th) around 3500 rpm I get what sounds like chatter from the dv. Only lasts until 4000 rpm where the car literally takes off!! To me it seems like it's overboosting, diverting it then coping with it. That's just me making assumption though. A mate thinks a boost leak, and another thought faulty dv. Swapped the dv back to the stock one and the problem still remains. Just wondering if anyone has had anything like this before? Cheers guys.

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Sounds like compressor surge which is apparantly common on ko4 turbos , people say its normal and fine but iv readup that its too much air being drawn in for the compresser wheel to cope with , mine does this too of i try boost in a higher gear at low rpm , i hope someone corrects me on this if im wrong as id like to know any more into this.

Hope that helps atall?

leon cupra rtech stage 2, 3inch turbo back , revo intake , r8 coil packs - 323bhp 333ft lb

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.