Wrapping

Clarky89

Aug 11, 2017
Hi guys Im new to the forum and think it great theres a wealth of information on here.

My question which probably has a thread somewhere is where do you draw the line on mods and insurance. Ive just bought a Mk2 Leon FR 170 in candy white and Im looking to either gloss black or carbon wrap the mirrors and front bumper 'mouth'. Also looking to refubish the wheels to match.

Is this something which should be declared and being minor it should make no difference, however after asking about tinted windows Im not so sure as that would triple my premium which is an absolute joke.

Thanks

Deleted member 103408

Clarky check out this comment on modifications and insurance http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=4736656&postcount=6

With regards to any modification I would speak with insurance company and just ask if i did this would it cost extra on the insurance.

I agree its minor but insurance companies (and they are all different) will also normally charge you an admin fee for the change but ask them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clarky89

Aug 11, 2017
Yeah kind of what I was thinking seems ridiculous but insurance will do anything to get out of a payout.

On that note can anyone recommend a better insurance company that would cover these kinds of modifications. Eventually I will probably want to go down the route of milltek exhaust and a remap too

Deleted member 103408

For me when I did stage one and spoilers ESURE were very good and priced cheaper than anybody else - however I am old so that helps. When I started looking at Stage 2 and all the bits that go with it the best I found was Adrian Flux (they are on this site but you get the best deal via phone they say).

When I asked my Revo Garage they also said Adrian Flux were the best for modified cars.

It is also worth giving them a ring and telling them what you plan and what can you do to decrease the cost's (Milage, Security Upgrades etc)

Clarky89

Aug 11, 2017
Thanks will definitely give them a call to find out. My only drama is my partner needs to be on the policy aswell and she currently has only held her licence 8 months but won't be renewing till next year anyway.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Forum Sponsor
Sep 27, 2016
Hi,
When you're ready for insurance if you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.