Drove the 140bhp TDi

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
Sorry about quality didn't have my camera with me.

Andy001-vi.jpg

Andy002-vi.jpg

Andy003-vi.jpg

Andy005-vi.jpg

Andy006-vi.jpg

paradyne

May 30, 2004
UK, Bucks
Interesting external picture - that car has the Stylance alloys on it, and yet I thought the 140 TDI was only on the Ref Sport and Sport in the UK...

vwsurfbum

YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME!!
Aug 10, 2005
essex
paradyne said:
Interesting external picture - that car has the Stylance alloys on it, and yet I thought the 140 TDI was only on the Ref Sport and Sport in the UK...
well spotted that man!
the interior was sport though?

paradyne

May 30, 2004
UK, Bucks
Yes, the interior shows that red tinge of the fabric of the sport model.
Those alloys would be the 16" ones so that would change the ride a little over the sports' 17" wheels.

Starbank

Sep 22, 2005
Edinburgh
There will be a good number of new Leon's on British roads before Christmas so it will be interesting to see how many are the TDi's - a good proportion I think.

Just off the phone from my dealer, it would appear that mine has still to get a chassis number allocated on their system which means it's still not built yet 10 days after it was scheduled for production!! This is a royal pain in the arse because there are cars on the way to Edinburgh which were ordered after mine?

Dealer thinks it may be to do with production line sequences i.e as mine is an FSI Ref Sport with various options there won't be that many which are similar spec, so SEAT may be building all the TDi's first, then do the FSi's etc...

Not too sure if this is just bulls**t - perhaps VWSurfBum can clarify?

vwsurfbum

YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME!!
Aug 10, 2005
essex
sounds like crap to me but after you get your chassis number, its still approx 6 weeks away! once you have it though i'll be able to track it for you. well up untill next thursday when i leave?

Starbank

Sep 22, 2005
Edinburgh
6 fecking weeks!

No chance I'm accepting that!

The Dealer told me once he has confirmation it's built - he thinks within the next week - then it will be 10-14 days delivery on average.

I just want the bloomin car before Christmas - that will be 14 weeks from ordering!

vwsurfbum

YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME!!
Aug 10, 2005
essex
no chance of getting it whithin a week of getting a chassis. it takes roughly a week to get it out the factory, then a week ish to get loaded, 10-14 days shipping, upto a week from docks then its down to the dealer to get it ready asap!
Sorry to be the guy with the bad news!

s22jcd

Jun 25, 2005
Iv been told that my cars at the port in England. Just waiting for it to be deliverd to the garage, then i can pick it up.

Looking at next week now.

:(

BST

Starbank... :(

Just a reality check, I factory orderd my FR in october last year and it wasnt on the forcourt to be registered until 18th Jan...

I too was promised an early xmas present, but was not to be! :censored: sorry bud!

Ben :whistle:

Yannerson

Oct 16, 2005
paradyne said:
Thats is a little low, but the engine is a very long way from run in. From what I've read the MPG will increase gradually as it frees up.

Totally agree and it's 8-9 mpg worse than the Missus 110bhp SE Mk1 on the same run at the same speeds.

Just hope it improve's quickly or I'm going to have to drive, ahem, more efficently. :whistle:

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Yannerson said:
Well I've put 1500 miles on mine now.
Black plastic bit - can't see it from driving position so don't care.

Don't smoke..

I remeber when you did :cartman: geez that was a while back ;)

Yannerson said:
Fuel econ. For a derv it's not been great, barely above 40 - 41 mpg at the "motorway cruise" speed that I do. Might sound tight but if I'd known it would be that low I would have gone for the tfsi.

All in all I'm very glad I got it although I'm looking forward to checking out the Cupra and the new CTR when out.

Yan,

Economy on my LCR was cr@p for the first 4-5k miles then improved almost overnight, sure a derv will take a while.

Steve

Yannerson

Oct 16, 2005
Ruddmeister said:
I remeber when you did :cartman: geez that was a while back ;)

Yan,

Economy on my LCR was cr@p for the first 4-5k miles then improved almost overnight, sure a derv will take a while.

Steve

Jees, last cig was when Shooter meet his (current) Missus in Bideford, and it was 1 puff and finish.....

The LCR fuel econ was was nothing to do with age and all to do with you driving like a nutter :bleh:

The main fuel econ culprit has been identified as the cruise control. Same crusing speed without it get's, currently, 46-47, with it on it 42-43. But for doing 220 miles in one stint it's staying on :rolleyes:

Iwan

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members