Foldy mirrors? Opinions!!

dainott2105

mk1 Cupra and mk2 FR TDI
Nov 4, 2006
swansea
I know this topic has been covered before but just wanted people opinion's now. I would like to have them on my 04 LC!!

1. How many peoples LC or LCR have folding mirrors?

2. Was it just an optional extra?

3. Do all the LC and LCR's have the same mirrors (not shape) and the loding can be programmed in or do you have to buy the folding ones?

Cheers all

Nabraxas

Feb 11, 2007
I believe it's something like this...

All LCR's have folding mirrors. The 210 LCR's have the 'square' type mirrors and the 225 LCR's have the 'teardrop' mirrors.

Not sure about the LC's as a friend's LC had folding mirrors but my dad's LC doesn't... both facelift, not sure if there was a changeover year.

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
All Leon's up til MY03 had the 'square' Golf mirrors

MY03 onwards have the teardrop design identical to the mk4 Ibizas

Not too sure on the provision of Electrics mirrors

cupra_brown

Jul 27, 2005
I believe it's something like this...

All LCR's have folding mirrors. The 210 LCR's have the 'square' type mirrors and the 225 LCR's have the 'teardrop' mirrors.

Not sure about the LC's as a friend's LC had folding mirrors but my dad's LC doesn't... both facelift, not sure if there was a changeover year.

the bit about 210 lcr's having square mirrors is incorrect. Later 210 models came with the tear drop mirrors (i have one ).

I also owned an 02 plate pre facelift cupra and that had foldy elec mirrors.

It all seems luck of the draw. :D

jonnie5

Seat Leon FR+
Mar 14, 2007
Rosyth
the bit about 210 lcr's having square mirrors is incorrect. Later 210 models came with the tear drop mirrors (i have one ).

Must be a ticky box option at the dealer then. No matter what trim level you have

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales

It's down to the Model Year (MY) not the engine power.

The Older MY's had the Golf mirrors, the MY03's onwards the Ibiza ones.

If like me you have an early 03 plate, it's actually a MY02 so it has the square mirrors - you tend to see a mix on the 03 plate cars.

My LC (04 reg) has teardrop foldy heated mirrors.....

wasn't an option I paid for, when car arrived new from the factory the dealer was suprised that it had foldy ones, as he didn't think they came with them....odd!!

super cupra R

Diesel Power
Apr 23, 2006
Hampshire
I had a 2000 X reg 20v SE and that had electric folding mirrors, and my 02 LCR has electric folding mirrors so i thought all Leons except bottom of range had electric mirrors.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
My MY03 210 LCR has teardrop shaped foldy (or used to fold) non heated mirrors
I bought the car from new and this was a standard fit, not an option

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise