Engine Management light

blackturbo

Apr 3, 2006
Fleet, Hants
Whilst out driving today my engine management light has decided to come on:cry:

Now without Vag Com obviously it is much harder to diagnose a fault but i need to use the car everyday and its booked in for a service at Seat on Thursday anyways, but i thought I would put a post up to see if i can get some info.

The car appears to be running fine, tickover is smooth, performance appears to be fine and no untoward noises or smells comin from under the bonnet, so my question is, is there anything sensors etc that could have failed which would cause the light to come on but not cause and obvious issue with the running of the car??

I know its a long shot but worth asking!

R0b

Nov 3, 2006
id put £2 on it being the secondary air injection system if the car is running as normal

blackturbo

Apr 3, 2006
Fleet, Hants
Ive managed to bring my service forward to tomorrow so hopefully all will be revealed, I REALLY hope its not something expensive!

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
yea i realy think that it will be the (s.a.i) as said

i used to get i loads m8, i just changed all of my vac hose n did the n249 bypass,,,,

havent had any more lights

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
again SAI

i get it occasionally and many others do so if theres nothing wrong with performance that would be my guess

but you never know what it is unless its scanned and confirmed, could be absolutely anything really

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
yeah would have rather begged someone with vagcom off here to meet up

any muppet can read fault codes but Seat seem to be in a league of there own (plus they'll prob charge you a good few quid for labour)

blackturbo

Apr 3, 2006
Fleet, Hants
Well there is no one near me with Vag Com and ive used these guys before (Camberley Service Centre) and they havent done me wrong as yet

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
yeah would have rather begged someone with vagcom off here to meet up

any muppet can read fault codes but Seat seem to be in a league of there own (plus they'll prob charge you a good few quid for labour)

couldnt agree any more m8.....................for a main dealer they ant got a :censored: clue :censored: [:@] [:@] :censored:

blackturbo

Apr 3, 2006
Fleet, Hants
Well last time they did 7 miles in my old Cupra, but they did have to do a few bits so I guess it was being checked, its not so much how many miles they do its how fast they do them lol!

But ive not had anything to grumble about as yet, fingers crossed I dont get a mahoosive bill tomo!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise