Platinum LCR, 19" Porsche rims & flip plate *UPDATED PICS PG17*

• Thread starter Deleted member 12147
  • Start date

h7 cya

Jun 3, 2009
Lovely car mate, sorry to hear about the rods but that liquid gauge softens the blow for that price!

Deleted member 12147

True, I was looking at getting one before the engine gave up, but I spotted that after looking for a replacement engine. Just goes to show that some people don't put enough effort when advertising on ebay, so bargains do still come up now and then.

Car is still at the garage at the mo, so i've resorted to using my old car (pictured in the very first pics in this thread)

Soon as i get it back it's going to a local custom exhaust shop to get a 3" dp and decat fitted I also want a 3" (Badger5) TIP:drool:

Deleted member 12147

Well I picked up my car from Midland Vw today and it's running sweet as a nut. It feels alot smoother than before, I'm well happy. So today I've spent most of the day cleaning it, tomorrow I'll be respraying the centre badge surround grey and making a start on my liquid gauge column pod build.

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Rims look really good and suit the car, but ditch the WOT-BOX, waste of time and money and has proven to blow engines and clutches multiple times. Unless you're doing pro drag or circuit racing where milliseconds count, it's pointless on a road car.

Deleted member 12147

I can't be arse to remove the wotbox as it took ages to fit, I'm just not going to use it again.

Here's a few pics I've just taken, grille surround now paint graphite.

52e21d82.jpg

c4346b26.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 12147

Also made a template for the front of my liquid gauge pod.

970a1b53.jpg

DaNnY_LaD

Big Turbo Leon Cupra R
Jun 2, 2007
Manchester,Walkden
www.myspace.com
Keep using the Box mate...

Did you manage rods in there ?

if you use the wot box correct it wont do damage i keep telling everyone this....but no one listens..

When it Bangs it isnt being used correctly....Fair point it sounds cool but its not its intended use

Deleted member 12147

Yep the new rods are in, I got a set of H-beam SCAT rods off Bill.

Deleted member 12147

Spent a couple of hours on this:

b73316ca.jpg

ab2ee4a2.jpg

Some in the car:

b29fbe05.jpg

147672bd.jpg

Next step is to vacuum form it in black plastic.*

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
Looks good mate, the graphite surround is a nice touch. Best thing I did was get rid of all the chrome!

Wheels make me want a change!

Interested to see your homemade pod, awesome job!

Deleted member 12147

Cheers,

Should hopefully be vacuum forming the gauge mould today so will see how it turns out. I want it to slide over the existing column, so there's not to much work involved fitting it. It's gonna be trial and error so I might do about 3 or 4 so I can mess about with the fit and the positioning of the screen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 12147

A quick update on my custom pod.*

The vacuum forming didn't go quite as well as i expected. I only ended up forming one because the modelling foam got stuck inside and I had to completely destroy it to get it out.*

So I've fibre glassed the formed part to and original steering column cover. I used abit of filler aswell. Next thing to do is primer it then fill any other imperfections then spray it black.*

I think is came out ok considering, what do you guys think?

852077e7.jpg

46d0759c.jpg

c8633bd9.jpg

0402a37f.jpg

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
Looks good mate, at the end of the day you can adjust it by sanding and filling at further dates if you need to.

Really good idea mate

Deleted member 12147

The finished article:

7bd886bf.jpg

Will be fitting tomorrow, hopefully.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members