Badger5

Go Back   SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum » SEAT Model Specific Discussion Forum includes Members Projects » Leon » Leon Mk2

Leon Mk2 For all topics relating to the Mk2 Leon

Old 05-01-2017, 15:19   #1
MartFR
New and Unassuming

MartFR has 10 points
Question Boot won't open on Seat Leon MK2 - 2007

Bought a new car at the weekend, admittedly it is an older model - 2007 - but only 49000 on the clock and miles and miles of service receipts and MOTs. Been driving lovely for the past 4 days I've had it and really enjoying it but suddenly one frosty morning the boot decided to not open! I've tried it several times since and it still won't open but it is making an awful whirring noise. I've tried accessing it from the inside with the seats down but I'm a bit nervous about ripping trim off etc (meaning I'm too feeble and can't get it off! ) Has anyone else had this issue before because one of the reasons I bought this car was because of the amazing boot capacity!

Last edited by MartFR; 05-01-2017 at 15:30.
MartFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2017, 13:30   #2
Uselesshippy

Uselesshippy has 10 points
Sounds like the solinoid mechanism in the lock has gone. Easy fix. To open the boot you'll see a slot like letterbox in the boot liner. The lock has a manual release like the bonnet latch. Use a steel rule or similar to move the release think to the right. 2 screws in the hand holds, then gently prise the liner away. Unplug the lock from the loom, then undo the lock you'll need a m8 spline bit.
Uselesshippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2017, 13:46   #3
MartFR
New and Unassuming

MartFR has 10 points
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uselesshippy View Post
Sounds like the solinoid mechanism in the lock has gone. Easy fix. To open the boot you'll see a slot like letterbox in the boot liner. The lock has a manual release like the bonnet latch. Use a steel rule or similar to move the release think to the right. 2 screws in the hand holds, then gently prise the liner away. Unplug the lock from the loom, then undo the lock you'll need a m8 spline bit.
I fixed it - well my cousin who's a mechanic fixed it - he got the plastic trim off and found that all of the mechanism and electrical works were fine and it was the boot catch itself so just ordered a new one of those (same part number but actually for a Golf!) and now it works like a dream! Just need to get rear passenger door fixed as well
Old 21-11-2017, 19:19   #4
Ianowe

Ianowe has 10 points
My boot is doing exactly the same. Ive taken the plastic trim off but cannot pinpoint which bit is broken. Is it the boot handle with the SEAT “S” logo that needs replacing?
Ianowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 20:34   #5
MartFR
New and Unassuming

MartFR has 10 points
It was the tailgate latch that needed replacing, the ‘S’ badge was fine it was the latch itself. Search for tailgate latch and it’s actually the same part for a VW Golf. See my previous post.
Old 22-11-2017, 10:29   #6
Uselesshippy

The lock catch is also on the polo 6r model. It's a really easy fix just replace the lock catch, two bolts are all that holds it on.
Old 22-11-2017, 10:30   #7
Uselesshippy

Forgot to say this is known issue across the vw group on this last ck catch.