pre-facelift to facelift

shabby.fx

Nov 27, 2017
hi guys i was just wondering if this can be done
recently purchased a pre facelift seat leon 2008 stylance decent car with a lot of extra

i recently saw a cupra i think with projector lights and the tick tail lights

would it be possible to change body kit and fit those lights and where would i go about looking for them

thank for looking i hope this hasnt been asked a million times looked around no one seems to do it from pre facelift

GordieC

Sep 24, 2012
Glasgow/Islay
It would be more hassle that it's worth. The PFL and FL differences include: different headlights, front wings, front grille, front bumper and boot lid. Unless there are aftermarket PFL lights with the tick, I think you'll be struggling to make them fit.

As for projector lights, you'd be best looking for a set from a PFL Leon. I'm not sure what is required in order to get them working but I would have imagined that you will need to change some coding on the VCDS. Nothing is simple with these cars unfortunately.

shabby.fx

Nov 27, 2017
It would be more hassle that it's worth. The PFL and FL differences include: different headlights, front wings, front grille, front bumper and boot lid. Unless there are aftermarket PFL lights with the tick, I think you'll be struggling to make them fit.

As for projector lights, you'd be best looking for a set from a PFL Leon. I'm not sure what is required in order to get them working but I would have imagined that you will need to change some coding on the VCDS. Nothing is simple with these cars unfortunately.

Ahh thank you I heard you have to change looms is that true.

If not I wouldn't mind doing that as I need to change bumper and what not regardless

Feel like doing a full face lift interior and exterior if anyone could confirm everything that would be great
Has it been done before?

GordieC

Sep 24, 2012
Glasgow/Islay
I would imagine that the headlight wiring sections would need to be replaced. Another thing that seems to ring a bell, I think there is a control module located in the boot of the FL Leon that is not in the PFL (or vice versa).

Hopefully someone else can chime in with more information. it was something I considered doing when I got my Cupra but decided against as it was too much hassle and I actually grew to like the PFL looks.

shabby.fx

Nov 27, 2017
I would imagine that the headlight wiring sections would need to be replaced. Another thing that seems to ring a bell, I think there is a control module located in the boot of the FL Leon that is not in the PFL (or vice versa).

Hopefully someone else can chime in with more information. it was something I considered doing when I got my Cupra but decided against as it was too much hassle and I actually grew to like the PFL looks.

i know what you mean, just want those tick rear lights, think they look the bullocks, but i too much work goes in its really not worth it. got vag com for coding and my bodyshop to respray everything.

so if anymore info on this would be great
i would love to do a full facelift on a pre steering wheel dash headunit seats

thank you guys

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members