Revotechnik

Go Back   SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum » SEAT Model Specific Discussion Forum includes Members Projects » Leon » Leon Mk2

Leon Mk2 For all topics relating to the Mk2 Leon

Old 21-11-2017, 19:24   #1
Ianowe

Ianowe has 10 points
Boot wont open

Whenever I try to open my boot it makes a whirring/spinning noise and wont open. Ive manged to get the trim panel off to investigate but cannot pin point which part is causing the issue and needs replacing
Ianowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 20:51   #2
weasley

weasley has 10 points
I had exactly the same on my Skoda Yeti - I bet they use the same mechanism. In short there’s a plastic shaft attached to a small motor inside the boot latch which turns when you push the boot open switch - this shaft is threaded so as it turns, a slider is moved along the shaft to pop the latch open. The shaft then stops when the slider reaches the end of its travel. When the shaft breaks, the slider no longer moves so it just keeps spinning away until it times out. It’s called a screw linear actuator. Anyway, you can’t easily fix them but they are easy to replace if you get the boot trim off and only cost me less than £30 for an OEM part from a dealer.

Not sure if you need to log in to see posts, but here’s my write up...
https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topi...t-lock-busted/
weasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 20:52   #3
weasley

weasley has 10 points
If yours has failed in the closed state, there should be a mechanical way of popping the boot from the inside (a small latch or lever).
weasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2017, 10:41   #4
Uselesshippy

Uselesshippy has 10 points
Yet another one. Just replied to another guy. The lock catch is faulty, there a known problem. If your stuck there's a slot in the centre of the boot liner, there is a manual release just use a thin stick(ruler) to open. If you've got the liner off. The lock catch at the bottom of the door is held on with two m8 spline bolts. Just replace it you can't fix it. Same lock catch on golf, some Passat, and polo 6r. Don't worry it's a real easy fix.
Uselesshippy is offline   Reply With Quote