Should i lower the car

techno

Sep 15, 2007
Cannock Staffs
I have fitted my new wheels today and i think they look much better than the ones that came with the car. I have fitted 18" OZ Michelangelo 10 spoke alloys with Kumho's Ecsta Supra 225 40 18 tyres.:whistle: I have also purchased Chrome Mirror Covers,FR Badges and new headlight and sidelight bulbs by phillips. Should i lower the car, Need ideas and prices of the things that can be done, I have just been out and not noticed any difference in the ride from my 17" wheels although the road noise does seem to be quieter.
Can lowering kits and springs etc be fitted by myself or do i need to have them fitted by a garage etc

Car before the new wheels

27082007047erased.jpg

Car with new wheels and mods

DSCN1961.jpg

DSCN1966.jpg

DSCN1963.jpg

DSCN1959.jpg

DSCN1960.jpg

New Fr Badges

DSCN1965.jpg

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Lovely mate. Lowering it a bit would make all the odds. I added eibach springs to mine for a subtle drop. H&R's will go lower.

John Cupras

They look great!!!! Very good choice:lol:
I wouldn't (and I won't) lower my car as I think that it will make it less comfortable rather than look more sportive.
Just my opinion.:rolleyes:

Revon

Dec 22, 2007
They look great!!!! Very good choice:lol:
I wouldn't (and I won't) lower my car as I think that it will make it less comfortable rather than look more sportive.
Just my opinion.:rolleyes:

Eibachs on their own ride the same as the OEM springs as far as I can tell. Apparently when they are teamed with FSD's it is even better :)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Eibachs on their own ride the same as the OEM springs as far as I can tell. Apparently when they are teamed with FSD's it is even better :)

Yeah, think I will go with them. Gonna be interested to see how you get on with them.

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
I like the chrome mirror covers :clap:

But also looking for the piano black pillar covers

currently considering a KW V1 coilover kit for mine. been told the make a big difference to the ride (which is a bit crashy on poor road surfaces) and the looks. would probably only get mine lowered about 30mm.

Al

Aug 29, 2005

Yeah I can concur with that. This also seems to be the case on Owens Cupra which has stock shocks and H&R springs.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
i think your right mate...mine is crashy now, let alone dropped...can u imagine more rattles in the cabin?....:cry:

MK2 is not rattly like MK1 though bud. Mine has no rattles at all and its not any more crashy than standard.

iSot

Jan 30, 2008
Finland
Thanks for all the comments
They do stick out just a little but nothing major this is the size 112 x 35 to 45 ofset if that helps

So the front and rear wheelsizes are:

8.0x112 ET35 or 8.5x112 ET35 ?
OR
8.0x112 ET45 or 8.5x112 ET45 ?

Thanx and btw... Nice wheels :)

techno

Sep 15, 2007
Cannock Staffs
The offset for the car is 40 just had a look at where i purchased them from, Sorry for any confusion :whistle:

As for lowering the car i am still undecided. People who have seen the car say it's fine as it is, because it's an FR it is lower than a standard leon in the first place but not the Cupra (i think ??)