Hole In Intercooler - Help Please

dave_6

Apr 26, 2005
Essex
Hi,

got a problem at the moment, a few weeks back at brands hatch I went down a bit of a pothole and the bottom of the front bumper bottomed out.

car is a 2001 ibiza cupra, i'm not sure which intercooler is on the car!

anyway, the car hasnt sounded right since and has been powerful, but not as good as it was

I've checked and the intercooler has been indented from the rear side

Picture001.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture011.jpg

first question, i'm guessing the intercooler can't be repaired once it's got this kind of damage?

second question, does anyone know which kind of intercooler it is?

only code i could find was on the front and was 160041413F but i've not found anything against it

any advice?

thanks
Dave

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
looks like a laguna intercooler

whip it out & check that the radiator & aircon radiator aren't damaged too

dave_6

Apr 26, 2005
Essex
from what I can see and from the problems that have came afterwards it so far appears its just that round part of the aircon rad thats indented the intercooler

Where should the part number be on the intercooler? dont want to order a replacement until I'm 100% thats the right one

dave_6

Apr 26, 2005
Essex
yea i've found the thread and checked that out, but I ideally need to know where to look on my intercooler on the car to check I'd be ordering the right replacement!

I don't think the number i've found matches any renault parts

dave_6

Apr 26, 2005
Essex
looked at a laguna intercooler thread and saw a post by flashbsd who i got the car off

"yep, fitting it fiddly if you dont know your stuff.

Im sure many peeps will help ya out mate.

I just wanted the same performance (if not lower temps!!!!) and a saving of £500"

Theres 2 different versions though, sure thats what I read. as you said above, a silly amount of results for that search

dave_6

Apr 26, 2005
Essex
good man, i'll see if i can get it any cheaper than the £134 + vat mentioned on the site

Dec 31, 2005
London
buy his lol

Also worth mentioning that Myki on here used the same dimensions from the laguna intercooler and got forge to make him a custom one, so fits straight onto the laguna pipework.

But id buy the laguna one :D

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
As you said you want to see if you can get one cheaper than the 134 plus VAT, which means you will probably be looking at a used one. No problem buying a used one, I did aswell. However...be sure it is the newer version of the Laguna intercooler, as this is different. Not quite sure what the actual difference is, however have heard here that it is stronger. But just compare it to the one you have now....shouldn't cost much anyway. I paid 60 Euro's for mine...

Good luck

dave_6

Apr 26, 2005
Essex
cheers matey, just waiting to see what conditions mikeys is in otherwise i'll source a new one at a discount from a mate at renault, or will find a 2nd hand one somewhere easily enough i'm sure.

hopefully wont have too much modifying to do to get the replacement to fit, although i'll have to make sure that the same problem can't happen again! just need to make sure theres a bit of a gap between the cooler and that part of the aircon rad when fitting the replacement!

least its not too much money anyway! then the fun of fitting it i guess

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.