Cupra Transmision questoins.. Rattle Dual mass flywheel?

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)
Pretty sure its done it since new. Setting off especially if doing so just on the clutch
there's a judder / dull rattle through te transmision. I was advised when I got paranoid
when I 1st got it that its the 'noisy dual mass flywheel' Any one else get this?

Im expecting the clutch to let go sometime soon as its stage 2+ and gets driven how its
meant to be but on the oem clutch...

Anyone with experience of this think that when i replace the clutch I'll need to do the flywheel too? Im probably getting sasch kit from VWRacing (clutch and cover)

Thanks

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
I know the noise you mean and mine has always done this. I also get it if driving very slow in 1st or 2nd with no throttle on. Have always thought it normal.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
i have had it since new , just one other question bout the clutch is your clutch release bearing noisy? i mean i can hear mine over the injectors , its that noisy , also is it right that the conection on top of the gearbox has a float of about an inch on the shaft?

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
i have had it since new , just one other question bout the clutch is your clutch release bearing noisy? i mean i can hear mine over the injectors , its that noisy , also is it right that the conection on top of the gearbox has a float of about an inch on the shaft?

Well as for the release bearing noise I have only heard this a few times mainly when idling after a cold start but thats it. I havent checked gearbox shaft but will check and get back to you. Kev

hairyaardvark

Me too me too ..... '09 plate Cupra with 2k miles on it, and I get exactly the same dull noise/vibration when initially pulling away in first gear ..... I guess it's a 'feature' of the model ! :)

Also the engine sounds clattery when initially starting it (just the very initial turnover) - more like a diesel than a petrol for the first second. Again I think that it 'normal'

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise