Top Gear should have the Leon on the Show!

borisvanhalen

FR is not a dirty word...
Feb 7, 2009
salisbury
i'm glad that top gear ignores the leons (mk1 and mk2)... means more nasty surprises for the ST/type R owners and the like who cant make thier own decision and just go with the crowd when buying a 'fast' car... also means that in the future when prices start dropping that there are less 'chavved up' leons than there are focus etc[B)]

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
the only thing i think is pointless is buying an fr and sticking the k1 kit on it instead of buying a cupra....as by the time you have the kit fitted you could have bought a cupra and you wouldn,t need a flash kit to impress,,,,this is my jezza clarkson moment.

Moley RUFC

Up in the Lickeys........
Nov 20, 2006
Lickey,Worcs
the only thing i think is pointless is buying an fr and sticking the k1 kit on it instead of buying a cupra....as by the time you have the kit fitted you could have bought a cupra and you wouldn,t need a flash kit to impress,,,,this is my jezza clarkson moment.

But remember the K1 kit was originally the Aero Kit which I think before that is was called Sign and before that Prince..............and remember Henry Ford fitted the first one to a Model T.

Anyway the point being the Aero Kit could be fitted to any model Leon long before the K1 came on the scene so it may be people aren't trying to pretend they are Cupra K1 owners

jamandspoon81

Aug 13, 2007
top gear did have an lcr on the show a few years back,they were doing a bit on hot hatches and had 1 in the studio,they ran it around the track but never showed it,i think it had the same time as the type r.i fully agree that its time seat were given more praise on top gear for the great cars tey are producing.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.