telling the difference

kezFR07

now with ko4 power
Jun 15, 2008
yorkshire
just been to have a look at a set of 19 inch BBS CH's which look brill. just wondered if anyone knew how to tell if they are fakes and what should i look for. they have BBS made formed into the alloy and say BBS MOTORSPORT on them. just wondered if there was anyone who was clued up on wheels out there could help. cheers

kezFR07

now with ko4 power
Jun 15, 2008
yorkshire
no mate they are from a scrapyard off a golf. been refurbed now they are like new. they are fully stamped up and say germany on the inside of them im sure they are the real deal.

pw motorsport

You can tell the replica BBS CH wheels from the genuine item by the finish, and some casting details

The spigot ring detail. The genuine BBS have a alloy spigot center ring held in by a circlip. The reps are a larger center bore 66mm and are supplied with a plastic spigot ring.

Some of the center cap sizes are 66mm. BBS are only 56mm or 70.6mm.

The black and red detail CH are replicas as BBS did not produce this finish.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
You can tell the replica BBS CH wheels from the genuine item by the finish, and some casting details

The spigot ring detail. The genuine BBS have a alloy spigot center ring held in by a circlip. The reps are a larger center bore 66mm and are supplied with a plastic spigot ring.

Some of the center cap sizes are 66mm. BBS are only 56mm or 70.6mm.

The black and red detail CH are replicas as BBS did not produce this finish.

you know where i can get BBS alloys at a good price? , i like the ch black edition :)

pw motorsport

you know where i can get BBS alloys at a good price? , i like the ch black edition :)

As I am not a site sponsor I cannot directly advertise that I may be an importer of BBS.;)

If you go to bbs.com you should get the details from there.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.