De Badged boot.

LeonJamie

Nov 8, 2013
Mountsorrel
Ive seen many MK2 Leons with the 'S' Badge removed and the tail gate is smooth. Is this a case of removing the badge and filling in the gap, or can you buy the tailgate like this? my next question is how do you open the tailgate if this is removed?

cheers guys.

Jamie.

gregorsco

leon mk2 fr tdi
Aug 17, 2011
lower largo fife
Don't think you can buy them
I had a smooth boot on my mk4 golf and it was a pain in the arse i had a button in the car that I pushed to open the boot which was a nightmare when carrying stuff and in the rain.

But if you really want to do it i believe there are kits you can buy also it might be programmable onto the boot button on the key fob!

LeonJamie

Nov 8, 2013
Mountsorrel
Whoa seems like a bit of hastle. Ill first look on ebay tjen if no look ill try to find a guide see how hard it is. I looks so so nice but I dont wanna go messing about with it, because I will make a crap job haha..

LeonJamie

Nov 8, 2013
Mountsorrel
Exactly mate well said. Yeah im gonna de badge the leon bit anyway. Just gonna keep the FR bit. Ill ring round get a few quotes amd see how it goes.

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Won't be cheap for a smooth tailgate either. Will need a plate welding over the gap then sanding, filling and spraying. Would look nice though....I used to have one on my Saxo many years ago lol