Creaking/Rattling door card

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Hi Dan, Had this for a short period of time but it sorted its self out.Think it must have been some thing to do with the window mechanism.With some light pressure against the door card it virtually stopped doing it.Then a few days later it stopped all together and hasn't returned!

Very strange and annoying hope you get it sorted mate.Will have a search see if I can find you any information.

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Cheers mate. Mine did the same and stopped strangely when I fitted the rear spacers lol, but started again yesterday. Will have to be a door card off job this week me thinks.

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
At first I thought it was the window itself but when I realised it was coming from near the handle put it down to the mech.See how it goes for a few days with a bit of luck it will stop.Mine hasn't done it since.My Proxima cable arrived today and the phone works perfect with my car so thanks again for the help Dan i appreciate it.

VAGUE

Wanderer
Sep 30, 2012
Mexico City
Lately my drivers door card is driving me mad with its constant creaking. Does anyone elses do this? Could it be something else? Comments welcome

See video below.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...n FR/104F1F1F-F096-4BDF-903E-A29AF6771779.mp4

Hi mate,

This particular noise is not related to any door cards, the main guilty parts here are the seat belt holder and seat belt tensioner, both found inside the driver's b pillar. You need to have them readjusted or, if you're willing to spend a bit more, soundproof that b pillar with some fancy soundproofing foam, that pretty much did the trick for me with my passenger's c pillar seat belt, which used to make this same noise.

You might also want to change your wheel bearings, they seem noisy too, mate :whistle:

Cheers!

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
I have had this for the past few months, been driving me crazy. Thing is, when I open the door I notice a slight rattle. Had the card off but never found anything that could cause it. I'm almost at the point of living with it now, but will check out the B pillar to be sure it is not solvable now!

Last edited:

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Hi mate,

This particular noise is not related to any door cards, the main guilty parts here are the seat belt holder and seat belt tensioner, both found inside the driver's b pillar. You need to have them readjusted or, if you're willing to spend a bit more, soundproof that b pillar with some fancy soundproofing foam, that pretty much did the trick for me with my passenger's c pillar seat belt, which used to make this same noise.

You might also want to change your wheel bearings, they seem noisy too, mate :whistle:

Cheers!

Yeah bearings are starting to get noisy, but could be the budget tyre on the front...

I'll check the seatbelt thing out this week.

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
At first I thought it was the window itself but when I realised it was coming from near the handle put it down to the mech.See how it goes for a few days with a bit of luck it will stop.Mine hasn't done it since.My Proxima cable arrived today and the phone works perfect with my car so thanks again for the help Dan i appreciate it.

No worries about the cable mate :D

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
Going to put a small hole along the edge of the storage door so I can close it with the cable running out and near the centre console.As I'm likely to break the door with it down.

VAGUE

Wanderer
Sep 30, 2012
Mexico City
I have had this for the past few months, been driving me crazy. Thing is, when I open the door I notice a slight rattle. Had the card off but never found anything that could cause it. I'm almost at the point of living with it now, but will check out the B pillar to be sure it is not solvable now!

Yeah bearings are starting to get noisy, but could be the budget tyre on the front...

I'll check the seatbelt thing out this week.

Yes, I had all the door cards removed too, even had them covered with some soundproofing sheets and the noise was still there, that's why we came to the conclusion it had nothing to do with them:

DSC_0255_zpsfyrx45ys.jpg

ATT_1394714119578_image_zpstb83nzac.jpeg

IMG-20140312-WA0000_zpsgwpu8aho.jpg

Now if you want to make completely sure it's related to the seat belt, as soon as the rattling noise shows up while driving, grab, pull and hold the seat belt from the top all the way to the front/down until it won't go any further, keep it like that (like you were hanging from it) and find whether the noise is gone or is still there.

Cheers!

tone

Nov 19, 2014
Sometimes the door lock mechanism dries out and just needs greasing, the noise gets amplified by the B pillar. Use the spray grease, white lithium based.
I think there's a post on here somewhere about it but I can't find it at the mo.
Tony.