what engines are the same as the tfsi 2ltr

robokid

Nov 26, 2014
Hi i am just wondering what engines are the same as the 2 ltr tfsi engine found on the lean cupra as the golf and audi have 2 ltr tfsi but different engine codes does it matter about the engine codes like is the engine block and head the same just different things bolt on to them all help is Much appreciated

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
The engine in the Golf Mk5 Gti, Octavia Vrs and Leon FR is the BWA (the Golf also briefly used the AXX) which has a ko3 turbo. These are 185bhp to 197bhp.

The Cupra (BWJ) has a different turbo (K04), injectors and internals to the BWA (amongst other bits). The S3, Leon Cupra and Cupra R, GTI Edition 30, 35 and MK6 R all use (broadly speaking) the same engine and K04 turbo, with some minor differences. These are 238bhp-261bhp.

The Mk6 GTI, facelift Octavia Vrs and facelift Leon FR use the newer E888 family of engines. These are 197bhp to 207bhp. I believe the new mk7 Golf GTI, Octavia Vrs and Leon Cupra use this engine family too.

I hope this makes sense and I believe is accurate (ish)

Have a peek here for more details: http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=86&t=978634&nmt=2.0TFSi engines?

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members