Remove rear exhaust plastic trim

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
Assuming you mean number 4 in the diagram below, there are 5 or 6 bolts along the bottom (number 12) which you need to remove and it then just unclips around the sides/top.

c006a8abdb408e368f20e4fd084f2fae.png

PAULTDI67

Oct 21, 2009
sheffield s.yorkshire
yea I also want 2 know mine's supercopa wi 2 tailpip's ever time I wash the car&wash the s/steel tips I end up wi my hands cut 2bits&bleedin cos o the sharp plastic tried prising em from behind bumper but just bent screwdriver how do I get em off?

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
yea I also want 2 know mine's supercopa wi 2 tailpip's ever time I wash the car&wash the s/steel tips I end up wi my hands cut 2bits&bleedin cos o the sharp plastic tried prising em from behind bumper but just bent screwdriver how do I get em off?

The Supercopa has a 1-piece rear bumper so there are is no trim panel that can be removed on those ones.

4099cf014181d9764f2837489b09cc42.png

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
Hi speed freak got this partsbase thingy 4 some part nos but how do I get it 2 display supercopa like in your post 2 me?

The Supercopa kit is an accessory and you will find it HERE.

The trim parts around the exhaust pipes don't seem to be listed. Are you sure they're not part of the actual bumper moulding itself, just not painted or painted a different colour?

seatstu

Apr 15, 2004
The exhaust trim pieces are fixed on from the inside with self tapping screws, 4 or 5 on each one. Not sure if you will be able to get to them with the bumper on.

PAULTDI67

Oct 21, 2009
sheffield s.yorkshire
The Supercopa kit is an accessory and you will find it HERE.

The trim parts around the exhaust pipes don't seem to be listed. Are you sure they're not part of the actual bumper moulding itself, just not painted or painted a different colour?

Thanx dude got it bkmarked now lookin @this looks like exhaust trims r part o bumper just wanted that parts info 4 supercopa cos I've managed 2 smash f bumper crashed down pothole/clff yesterday:cry:COULDN'T SEE IT 4LOW SUN IN MY EYES:cry: local council says we don't own that bit o road WHO THE F*$K DOES THEN looks like Insurance'll have 2try&find out cos if it's private how am I gunna find owner

seatstu

Apr 15, 2004
The exhaust trims are NOT part of the bumper. I personally have fitted the exact same bumper as yours (BTCC/Aero kit) to my Cupra and that rear bumper comes with 3 sets of exhaust trims to fit either the dual as you and I have, the central exhaust same as K1 and the standard exhaust. The bumper is marked on the inside for each exhaust and you have to cut the bumper out to suit the exhaust you fit. In each case the trims are fitted with self tapping screws to the bumper from the inside.
They may not be shown on a parts diagram as I am not sure if they are available to buy seperately.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members