Flashing Handbrake, ABS & TCS

jam666999

Mar 2, 2004
Northants
Visit site
Wondering If any one can help, I've tried searching and found a few bits and pieces but what's puzzling me is there's no codes coming up.

The break fluid is at max, I've tested the ABS and its none existent, so I know there an issue along those lines.

Hoping someone might have a bit more insight or ideas.

Cheers

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Sure it handbrake and not ABS, Esp and tyre pressure system lights? That may well be a G44 or g46 sensor gone. Common fault I'm afraid.

Actually the fact they are flashing is unusual, what are you scanning with?

Last edited:

jam666999

Mar 2, 2004
Northants
Visit site
Yeah unfortunately its definitely those three. Using a bluepoint microscan, I've never had it fail me (up until now possibly) It Drives absolutely fine still, leads me to think it may be an ABS sensor or something similar.

I've Got VCDS but Only an OBD cable for the older VAGS. May have to look to get the new one.

Thanks for the reply.

Delfine

Nov 8, 2015
, leads me to think it may be an ABS sensor or something similar.

Yes you're probably right it's an ABS wheel speed sensor but to confirm you really need to scan the ABS system with a VW / SEAT specific scan tool to tell you which one. A faulty wheel speed sensor will affect both ABS & TCS sytems.

I have a Toledo TDi sport and the TCS light is on I have a Super VAG scanner which is giving me 00778 error code which is the steering angle sensor fault.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise