Not sure what to think about my stage 2 results

RSBUBBA

Nov 6, 2014
So then I've recently had an idle miss fire which turned out to be an injector which is now fixed.
I decided to treat the car to some remap tweaking on the rolling road at a Revo dealer.
My car has the following
Cobra 3" down pipe and decat
Milltek 2.75 cat back
Itg intake
Revo stage 2 map

So after some minor tweaks on the rollers as the car was originally mapped on the road the results were out.
301 bhp and a torque reading of 291.1 ldft

Boost setting 9
Timing 5
Fuel 7
To be honest I can't help but feel a little disappointed with this result and just wonder what others think and what results others have had.
The operator said it did make 317 at one stage but pulled it back as he wasn't happy with the readings. Ultimately the car only has a decat and down pipe over a stage one car so really is it not that bad a result?

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
What about the cars history? Service ? Health check ? All these can add up to poorer performance .
What does the car run standard ? Is it a Cupra , or a fr ?

I'm afraid we are all pissing in the wind until we get a little more info bud .

lsg60

Mar 31, 2014
Yeah definitely need some more info. My cupra made more than that with linear power on a stage 1 map with just induction. If it is a cupra I'd say something is up with it

RSBUBBA

Nov 6, 2014
It's a face lift cupra, cars got full history previous to me and has been pampered previous to me.
Thing is I could potentially go on another rolling road and make 320 bhp so not really sure like I say.
I don't know what the car was running as standard as it was never rollin roaded that point

RSBUBBA

Nov 6, 2014
The car has also just had new plugs, new n80 valve, and new pcv valve and seal.

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
Torque seems very low,

im no expert but don't you need an after market HPFP to make it stage 2 hardware

What's the mileage/age of your car? What fuel do you use ?

Who did the mapping and what rr do they have ?

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Torque seems very low,

im no expert but don't you need an after market HPFP to make it stage 2 hardware

Revo stage 2 hardware requirements are high flow exhaust, intake and uprated intercooler.
Quoted figures (from Revo website) are 311-325 bhp and 323-343 lb.ft

For stage 2+ you need the HPFP

OldManPooley

Jul 9, 2015
Torque seems very low,

You dont need an aftermarket HPFP for stage 2, but do for stage 2+

And the OP has stated the car is a facelift Cupra so 2009 onward and the graph also states who did the mapping and what fuel was used on each run.

Open your eyes man!!!! :D

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
You dont need an aftermarket HPFP for stage 2, but do for stage 2+

And the OP has stated the car is a facelift Cupra so 2009 onward and the graph also states who did the mapping and what fuel was used on each run.

Open your eyes man!!!! :D

Lol,

Ok I missed the fuel hand written on the , i asked about the age mileage of the car ,09 onwards is a bit vague, is it 09 with 80k miles on or 61 with 40k mikes,

I asked because carbon deposit buildup in the head can effect the engines performance ,and using poor fuel is contributor

OldManPooley

Jul 9, 2015
Lol,

Ok I missed the fuel hand written on the , i asked about the age mileage of the car ,09 onwards is a bit vague, is it 09 with 80k miles on or 61 with 40k mikes,

I asked because carbon deposit buildup in the head can effect the engines performance ,and using poor fuel is contributor

Nice save ;)

RSBUBBA

Nov 6, 2014
Car was originally mapped at Revo hq daventry tweeks were made on the rollers at midland VW
Car is always ran on v power, mileage is coming up to 54k. The only thing I don't have is an uprated intercooler, so I suppose heat soak could be playing some part in this but The temperature outside was like 5 degrees when the rolling road was done.
I may go for a custom map from the likes of badger 5 or r-tech at a future date.
To be honest despite feeling the figures are less than expected the car flys!
I've had 2 focus rs mk1s with light mods and a Revo stage 2 lcr mk1 and this is far faster than all of them.
I'm happy with the car I just want it to make closer to the claimed figures.

Last edited:

RSBUBBA

Nov 6, 2014
hopefully dyno lottery! Bill I'm going to call you tomorrow to get booked and just make sure the cars ok!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.