Heater stops after a while

Cna1t

Jul 8, 2015
Hi, I have a 2007 2.0tdi stylance and the climate control heats the car up when cold the fan works through the vents etc but when I've been driving for a while I have to turn the heat right up and the air stops coming out of the vents. Even if you turn the fan up the fan just makes a noise but only a trickle of air comes out the vents

Any ideas guys and gals

andiChristianse

Aug 10, 2014
Denmark
Hi, I have a 2007 2.0tdi stylance and the climate control heats the car up when cold the fan works through the vents etc but when I've been driving for a while I have to turn the heat right up and the air stops coming out of the vents. Even if you turn the fan up the fan just makes a noise but only a trickle of air comes out the vents

Any ideas guys and gals

Have you tried running a scan on you Air-Con or just on the whole car to see if theres any faults related to the aircon?

i had a similar issue on my old leon (exactly same model and year as yours) where the motor on the drivers side gave up and only blew hot air when it wanted to, the it shut the air duct down.. and im sitting there with outside temperature air or no air at all...

not an easy fix if its the same motor thats defect though.. theres a metal bracket running down in front of it from under the steering wheel [:@]

Try to do a scan and post result here if you find any problem.. if you dont have access to vcds you could try to find one in your area or drive down to a Seat shop or other and make them do a sweep of the car and ask them to give you the out put, some dealers do it fairly cheap or with no charge at all, takes 5 min to run a scan :)

Cna1t

Jul 8, 2015
I'll do just that thanks for the advice. it's weird how it decides as and when it works, sometimes I can park up and when I come back start the car it starts blowing air again!??!!

Deleted member 93371

Be interesting to know if you sort this. Mine is actually in garage with same issue. It's only after driving for about an hour or so the blowers just seem to die but once it has sat for a while they are fine.

Cna1t

Jul 8, 2015
Oh let me know how you get on, took it up to the garage I take it to and he reckons it's a motorised flap but it's the works the doesn't then does that still gets me. When I get a minute I'll book it In for a scan

Deleted member 93371

Mine has been narrowed down to the resistor. Cleared all the codes and going to go a long run somewhere cause mine only stops after like an hour and a half of driving so will see if it continues to do it then check the codes again

Cna1t

Jul 8, 2015
Fingers crossed then and let me know. Oh did the codes flag up the resistor?

Deleted member 93371

I don't think specifically but he said a few codes are linked to the resistor. According to seat the resistor and the blower are one while unit which is quite expensive but gsf have it listed seperate and the resistor is only £30

Cna1t

Jul 8, 2015
Seat would (well don't they all) but sorry being a bit thick what's gsf?

Deleted member 93371

It's a website to get parts from. Bit like eurocarparts

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.