multifunction steering wheel help! not working!

bulbsubaru

Feb 22, 2016
Hi guys, iv just bought a 2006 leon fr tfsi, my 1st ever vag group car! Need some help with a problem, the horn has been hard wired to a button on the couling and nothing works from the steering wheel! All the functions work fine from the stalks, Bluetooth, cruise control, etc, was wondering if the steering wheel control module is at fault the part numbers are 1ko953549ag, hw 634, and sw 070 will another part number fit ie 1ko953549aq? As I can't find one ending in ag? Any help would be greatly appreciated

TI KUFF

May 26, 2015
You could check the car fuse box. It could be a blown fuse

Also I don't think part number really matters as long as the part is from the same car and year, it should be all good. I could be wrong

(Slightly off topic) I replaced an Vauxhall Astra ECU with a Vauxhall Corsa ECU, even though they had slightly different part numbers it still worked perfectly.

Last edited:

bulbsubaru

Feb 22, 2016
Maybe? I'm going to have it plugged in tomorrow so we will see what comes up! I will post the outcome tomorrow

bulbsubaru

Feb 22, 2016
Private mate, had it a good price! I knew the horn didn't work as it is hard wired from the relay socket to a button on the couling thought it was just a broken wire or relay? Unfortunately it's not, so it has to be the clock spring or steering module I hope!

bulbsubaru

Feb 22, 2016
Iv had the car plugged in today and it came up with fault code 0592 no communication from the steering wheel! Steering angle sensor tested all ok , continuity test Done on the slip all ok got power to the horn an it's sending a signal to the slip ring, horn function done horn works ok just not from the steering wheel? So is it the steering control module at fault? Regards Richard

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.