Remap/dpf

Shepo08

Nov 15, 2016
Surrey
Hi guys thinking of getting a remap on my 2010 leon tdi 170 mk2 facelift but just a quick question. Do I need to get my DPF removed? As I have read mixed reviews about it so I ain't to sure people have said you got to do it to get the results of the map and some have said you will fail a mot if you get it removed could some one point me in the right direction about this please? Thankyou

Last edited:

Ushuss

Oct 20, 2016
Hi, I'm guessing you have the CR version of the engine which didn't really have dpf issues such as the version before which was a PD.

Its not a necessity to remove it on your engine, however if you were to go after more power think 215bhp+ then you many want to. Generally people now get the insides of the dpf removed and it welded back up so it looks like it's there.

Reason being it is a visual check at MOT so for example if you had a straight pipe the MOT would be failed for your car due to it not being present. Apparently new rules will be incorporated in the existing rules to check for dpfs using new emissions tools when this will be implemented I do not know.

There are many tuners who can remap the CR with next to no issues. To name a few; revo, superchips, shark performance, and dark side developments. Hope this helps.

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
Personally I would keep the DPF and try to get the car mapped with it still intact. The reputable tuners already mentioned have a good success rate with this on the CR engine. With the unknown around future MOT rules regarding the DPF, if you get it gutted and mapped out, you may well find you have an expensive bill in the future (£1000+) to reinstate it again.

If you are wanting more than 215bhp then you probably have the wrong car.

bilton17

Jul 19, 2014
www.facebook.com
I had mine gutted and mapped out and a egr delete and I'm glad I did it's since had an mot and passed the power increase wasn't massive but you definitely notice the increase in torque

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammy080

Mar 24, 2017
I've got the same car and had just a remap, noticeable change in power, torque and fuel economy, I haven't noticed any down side. I was told I'd expect around 225bhp, I'm yet to get it on a dyno but I think it's close.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk