Help with issue :(

afcajax73

Jun 9, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Good afternoon all,

I'm hoping someone may be able to help with an issue i've been having with my Leon,

It's an 07 plate FR, it's got 94k on the clock and had a new turbo back in Feb.

Last week i had an issue where the car had ZERO power. I had my foot to the floor in 2nd and it wouldn't get up to 15mph on a flat road. I pulled over, switched off the ignition, turned it back on and all was fine.

fast forward to Saturday afternoon, the car was generally rough but no other issues, i just thought maybe it was doing a bit of a re-gen. I pulled up outside a shop to collect an item, and left the engine running as the Mrs was inside and the weather was cold. I came out to put the item i'd collected in the boot, and i could barely breathe due to the fumes coming out the exhaust, and my eyes were watering badly.

I drove home, and the car didn't seem off at all, and the smell had gone. I got up on Sunday morning and tried to drive down the road, but the car again had no power available, only this time, white smoke was pouring out of the exhaust, i pulled over, and the car wouldn't restart.

I left the car by the roadside for about 1 hr, then checked all oil levels etc, and everything seemed fine, tried to start the car and it started, but i had no power still. I managed to get it to a local garage where I left it.

The guy at the garage called today and said it was a clogged DPF, which he's cleaned etc.. and the problems gone.... It didn't quite seem right to me as i've had DPF issues in the past, but nothing like this. I collected the car tonight, and again i had no power, however this time, it was an intermittent issue. I would have loads of power, then none, then loads, then none.

Does anyone have any ideas?? I've rang the garage back and told them the issues not resolved, and i'm going to take it back for them to look at further but i'm not holding out much hope for a quick diagnosis.

cheers in advance :)

nisar28

Apr 20, 2016
Sheffield
Hi afcajax73, Does it give any lights on the dash? Might be also worth checking the EGR valve is not clogged. Also check that all the glow plugs are working correctly as these issues do start cropping in the cold weather.

My DPF used to stink on my old FR if the car was stood still for a while, I just had it removed and a stage one remap.

Regards

Nisar

elnigel

Nov 25, 2002
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Visit site
Could be a mad sensor? Disconnect it when it's running rough and see if it makes it run better, if it does, it will be that.

Its the sensor fastened to the engine side of the airfilter box.

Also, not sure an 07 has a dpf? Thought they came in 08ish onwards? Are you sure it has one?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

afcajax73

Jun 9, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Hey all.. thanks for the replies... the garage said it needed a re-gen, so they did one and, 24 hrs later I had to do another, then another the next day too. I’ve taken it back to the garage but they seem very reluctant to do anything else with it. This morning, I had the same issue only this time the glow plug light was flashing on the dash, then the engine cut out and wouldn’t restart. I left it about 2 minutes, tried again and it started up fine with full power and no issues.

Mar 3, 2008
sunny Devon
Dpf are a nightmare on these models,your right around the right mileage for trouble.
Best of with a dpf delete,and a remap,power will amaze you,bit Smokey now again,but it will be quicker.

Also the mk2 suffer with throttle control failure,behind the pedal,there is a revised cable with has now been upgraded to gold plugs to stop this from cutting out
Seat,should be able to help you with this.

Hope this helps

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
That’s excellent. Cheers for the help everyone.

What’s the legalities of mapping the dpf out? And what sort of cost should I be looking at to have it done?

Dpf delete is illegal, no test as yet but you can bet one will pop up soon and any car without one that's fully functional will fail an MOT.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.