1.4 Ttfsi

PDaddy

Aug 22, 2004
The new engine that is in the Golf GT, do you guys think it will be in the leon, it looks like a cracker. 168 bhp, 40+ mpg.. :clap:

PDaddy

Aug 22, 2004
I'd like this, Golf GT is coming in January, very tempting for me as I've changed jobs and only live 3 miles away from new job. Anyone know the turnaround of engines getting to SEAT.

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
Can't think where SEAT would put it to be honest. It's probably too expensive to put in a Beezer, the Leon already has a 185bhp TFSI, so would be very close on performance and likely a more expensive engine to manufacture than the 2.0T. The Altea doesn't really fit in with the image but is a remote possibility for it perhaps(?)....Tolly? Nah.....

AoS

It is mine, all mine.....
Mar 28, 2005
Wiltshire
PDaddy said:
The new engine that is in the Golf GT, do you guys think it will be in the leon, it looks like a cracker. 168 bhp, 40+ mpg.. :clap:
I think it would be call a TCfsi :whistle: as its know as the Twincharger FSI engine (a supercharger and a turbocharger together...nice..) I think the diesel version of the Golf GT will have the same engine as the new Leon FR TDI (170BHP)

nickibizaCUPRA

mk3 CUPRA hell yeah!
Oct 15, 2005
crawley
i heard from sources that it will go into the altea as its goin in the vw touran as well!
did you know there is 2 variants of the engine. 1 has 138bhp and the 168 bhp. think the 138bhp is goin in the touran.

Son

Mar 18, 2003
Finland
rmk.hamk.fi
AoS said:
I think it would be call a TCfsi :whistle: as its know as the Twincharger FSI engine (a supercharger and a turbocharger together...nice..)
Well, VW calls it 1.4 TSI...

I think the diesel version of the Golf GT will have the same engine as the new Leon FR TDI (170BHP)
Yes, but actually Leon FR TDI hasn't been announced yet. Altea FR TDI has been announced already, though, and it does have that engine.

Anyway, why is everyone drooling over the TSI in the UK? Was it so that diesel is actually more expensive than petrol there?

Because if diesel is cheaper, I'd be all over 2.0 TDIs. Just so much more torque and almost the same hp numbers (exactly the same in the GT TDI anyway). And of course, TDI's consumption is smaller anyway.

In Finland diesel is only about €0.20 cheaper than petrol, and there's still an annual diesel tax of ~€400 for e.g. Golf, so it requires quite a lot of driving before a diesel is profitable.

In Germany the GT is 2500 € more expensive as TDI than FSI, so there's a big price for the additional ~100 Nm. Actually, the GT TDI is even a bit more expensive than the GTI... :wtf:

T. Spark

Son - Derv over here is more expensive than petrol at the pump.

I have 171bhp and get 40mpg+ ya point :D

Think these will cost too much tho to put in a small car where that sort of power would be impressive, anything bigger than a beeza and the power will be sucked out via weight!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members