Tyre pressure diagnostics.

Feb 12, 2006
North Lincolnshire.
Funny thing happened today after rotating front wheels to back each seperate side the tyre pressure warning light flagged up. Got a mate with a diagnostic fault finder to check it out wich showed the fault up.
I did not realise that all you do is switch the ignition on then press and hold the button for the tyre pressure monitor on the centre console till you hear an audible signal.
HEY PRESTO.DONE.Now just need to get the mpg clock sorted.Stuck around 42 now.Doesn't seem to want to go up to 47 48 mpg like it did a few weeks back.Anyone had this problem?:think:

Paul_W

Jul 23, 2006
Rutland
Have you altered the pressures? I know my Leon is supposed to have a little more pressure in the front tyres than the rear so if you've swapped the tyres around you'll now have higher pressure in the rears.

Feb 12, 2006
North Lincolnshire.
Swapped wheels back now. Reckon on only needing to change one pair of tyres instead of all four when its time soon.Recommended not swapping them over at all from the begining but will put new ones on the rear when replaced fronts.