Can you convince me????

Poverty

hmmm not really, most seat parts are actually made in spain or atleast mine were, I took them apart alot and pretty much every bit of plastic or metal had made in spain stamped on the inside

They are gonna build audi's in the spanish factory....

leon_in_uk

Feb 14, 2009
Tamworth
may have found one at Ted Johnsons, if they negotiate a good price with me :) i think i may be going saturday... the car is red and covered 27k sales guy advised it is in very good nick! why do most cupras out there seem to have more than 2 owners???

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
may have found one at Ted Johnsons, if they negotiate a good price with me :) i think i may be going saturday... the car is red and covered 27k sales guy advised it is in very good nick! why do most cupras out there seem to have more than 2 owners???

When i bought mine the n*b of a salesman assured me the car was a one previous owner, when i got the log book through it had 2 - well pissed [:@]

leon_in_uk

Feb 14, 2009
Tamworth
yea it says on seat.com 1owner but it has 2. y do most have 2 or more, are they prone to trouble? or too mmuch for everyday car

Poverty

yea it says on seat.com 1owner but it has 2. y do most have 2 or more, are they prone to trouble? or too mmuch for everyday car

some people going heart over head and then not being able to cope with the running costs? Alot of people like to change cars and then theres the recession.

leon_in_uk

Feb 14, 2009
Tamworth
well you lot convinced me ok! :) i just paid £250 over the phone deposit to ted johnsons for the red one.. agreed £13k 27k on clock and 2 owners!! have i done the right thing? i shall see the car tomorrow, sales guy said the car is spotless so i shall see!

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
well you lot convinced me ok! :) i just paid £250 over the phone deposit to ted johnsons for the red one.. agreed £13k 27k on clock and 2 owners!! have i done the right thing? i shall see the car tomorrow, sales guy said the car is spotless so i shall see!

Ted Johnson have a good reputation so you should be okay.

Not sure why so many Cupras have that had many owners.

Apart from fuel running costs aren't bad and fuel wise there are worse cars out there.

I suppose some people want the latest greatest car, at the time the Cupra was one of the most powerful FWD hot hatches but not anymore.

I found mine difficult to live with, between the build quality of the car and the incompetence of the dealer I ended up constantly backwards and forwards to the dealer. Also got sick of visiting petrol stations continually if I was using the car a lot in one week. A range of around 300 miles was a bit too short.

By the way the point on paint, mine ended up covered in swirls, but is no better or worse than any other make. In fact my TT probably has more stone chips than the Cupra did.

leon_in_uk

Feb 14, 2009
Tamworth
im thinking red has less swirl marks than a darker car? and im used to 26mpg avg on my porsche boxster so think it may be better than that!!

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
im thinking red has less swirl marks than a darker car? and im used to 26mpg avg on my porsche boxster so think it may be better than that!!

Yeah red won't be as bad for swirl marks. The Cupra looks really good in red.

Overall average I would say for me was around 24/25mpg. A run would be between 29 and 34 mpg, around town was often sub 20's.

Drive enthusiastically and on a long run you can see sub 25 mpg.

That was running V-Power most of the time as well.

The car did get more economically after about 9K miles though.

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds

I have an inferni black one and have tried with all my might to get the paintwork spotless, only something a professional could sort out i reckon. Polishing by hand with ultra deep shine autoglym just takes forever. Its not bad paintowork mind - just when you look close.

Red should be a bit more forgiving i reckon....

Oh and on a run with the cruise control on i've seen it touch 40mpg, 37/38mpg reasonably attainable. Thats running the car in stock mode mind. Round town if i took it real steady it'll be round the 30mpg mark. Nail it with performance settings on and its sub 15mpg.

Last edited:

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location

is your deposit refundable?
tbh all dealers will say the car is spotless , a haggling point you may have is the alloys , they kerb easily so bear this in mind when doing your deal , also dont forget mats and tell them you want the 30k service done before you collect it foc.

leon_in_uk

Feb 14, 2009
Tamworth
he said it has to be serviced before i collect it. he has given me 6 months tax so far. will see what i can get tomora. if it aint got mats iwill want them, and the £250 is refundable if the car isnt as described! and the only bad points he said is that there are stone chips on the lower bumper, which he will touch in. but will keep you posted tomora

leon_in_uk

Feb 14, 2009
Tamworth
right then, deposit down and full payment when car will be picked up (hopefully next sat) a few things when i arrived.

The car was as he says, no dents etc few stone chips, which he is sorting. A small deep scratch towards the back panel, he says he will sorting apart from that the body work is spot on!!

The 4 disks arent smooth though, they seem to have worn infact if you run your finger down the disk it seems scored several times. so they are checking that when they do the 30k service!!

i got my free mat set, 6 months tax, service, 7 day insurance and a cuppa for £13,000...

oh 1 more thing, the wing mirrors made a clicking/knocking noise when opening/closing. he said he is sorting that. but apart from that the service seems excellent. so im 1 week away from joining the party!!

leon_in_uk

Feb 14, 2009
Tamworth
oh its got silver inserts around the doors and speakers
carview.aspx

and in the front drinks holder has an ipod connection! i tested my 2nd gen touch and put in aux mode but that didnt work, anyone know why?

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members