Black wheels on red Leon?

owenwestby1

I am in need of advice. I've got a red Leon and am toying with the idea of getting the wheels powder coated black after seeing a white K1 with black alloys on.

Firstly, has anyone got any pics of a red Leon with genuine black Seat Cupra alloys on?

Secondly, has anyone had this done in the Worcester area because I would prefer to get it done at a place recommended to me?

And finally, how much should it cost for good quality work?

Many thanks

Owen

YIN

Leon cupra Mk2
Oct 6, 2003
Dudley
www.futuremark.com
I am in need of advice. I've got a red Leon and am toying with the idea of getting the wheels powder coated black after seeing a white K1 with black alloys on.

Firstly, has anyone got any pics of a red Leon with genuine black Seat Cupra alloys on?

Secondly, has anyone had this done in the Worcester area because I would prefer to get it done at a place recommended to me?

And finally, how much should it cost for good quality work?

Many thanks

Owen

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2401663&postcount=5

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Its the way ahead ;)

P1010730.jpg

P1000817noplate.jpg

28022009155.jpg

owenwestby1

Cheers for the quick reply guys. I'm really liking the look of the wheels. I'm going to have to do a bit more homework into where I can get it done and how much it'll cost me now.

Its definately a good look!

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
Not Black, But Anthracite. May be an option for you as I had the same dilema last September when I ordered the BBS.

I'm still quite tempted to get my original Cupra wheels refurbished/powder coated in black. My mate can do them at cost price for me as who own's a company that carry's out alloy wheel refurbishments. I would however have to replace the front two tyres as they were getting down to around 2mm.

They are 19" BBS CK's with 235/35 Toyo T1R's

DSCF1699.jpg

DSCF1698.jpg

DSCF1692.jpg

DSCF1690.jpg

DSCF1689-1.jpg

DSCF1688-1.jpg

DSCF1682-1.jpg

Cheers

RickyD

owenwestby1

Not Black, But Anthracite. May be an option for you as I had the same dilema last September when I ordered the BBS.

I'm still quite tempted to get my original Cupra wheels refurbished/powder coated in black. My mate can do them at cost price for me as who own's a company that carry's out alloy wheel refurbishments. I would however have to replace the front two tyres as they were getting down to around 2mm.

They are 19" BBS CK's with 235/35 Toyo T1R's

DSCF1699.jpg

DSCF1698.jpg

DSCF1692.jpg

DSCF1690.jpg

DSCF1689-1.jpg

DSCF1688-1.jpg

DSCF1682-1.jpg

Cheers

RickyD

Loving the car mate. Like the colour of the wheels too. Ummmmm decisions decisions...

RickyD1975

Jan 2, 2008
North East
Im in love with your alloys ricky! Infact, the whole car :p

Thanks Ross, I appreciate it. It's going to be a hard car to replace when the time comes to change it. It will be at least two years time as I still have two services left on my service plan.

Being sensible the choices are Audi S4 3.0TFSI, Golf R20T or Audi S3 Sportsback. On the wild side it would be Porsche 911, Audi RS4 or BMW E90 M3. I think the later three will cost too much to run and will be 3 - 4 years old.

I do like the Exeo although would like to see more power than offered from the Sport 2.0TSI.

RickyD1975

Jan 2, 2008
North East
Loving the car mate. Like the colour of the wheels too. Ummmmm decisions decisions...

Cheers mate, I always think a Red car looks nice even when dirty. I've had four Red cars out of the Nine cars I've owned since I was 17. I'm now 34 and thinking a Blue car would be a nice colour to have as my next car.

Something like Speed Blue or Sprint Blue.

Powdercoating the wheels is the cheapest option. I must say I do like the black wheels djhorace has on his Cupra and they are a lot lighter and cheaper than the BBS wheels.

I took over three months to decide on the wheels I wanted, then waited another three months for them to arrive from Germany.

My other two top choices were:-

OZ Ultraleggeras
OZUltraleggeras.jpg

Rays G07WT Motorsport (Blue as used in the WTTC by Seat)
RaysG07WT.jpg

Enjoy the search.

Cheers

RickyD

Deleted member 36158

defo get black wheels, i saw a red leon last week with black wheels. looked very good. i'm gonna be saving my pennies to get mines done black.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
The springs I have on in the first picture are Pro Kits. The second 2 were Sportlines. I am soon going to be adding coilovers so it might be a little different again. The ride height with the Sportlines is far nicer to the eye than the Pro Kit, the clearance is fine and the handling is better than Pro Kit and Stock springs.

No_LiMiT

Wow, thinking about getting mine done, looks awesome!
Or just bit more darker :>