Big exhaust discussion hopefully...

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
Nice!

Its good to know that with all that power it can still be put to good use in a fwd car! Think the R888's will be a nice addition.

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
Currently running B9 T6 F9 at the moment;)

Ye the car feels great with the boost at 9, i'm not holding boost over 5.5k though, tails off a bit as i've no proper intake on yet, standard intercooler too. I run fuel at 6 though which helps a bit.

Poverty

Sure he said can go faster in 2 wheel drive car thats why he got rid of his s3?
i think he has hit his head or something or has more money than sense , if thats the case he can throw some this way , money that is not sense :p

with the money hes gonna be spending on getting a 600hp s3, he could get a TT-RS and tune the **** out of the standard turbo on that and see where he gets. I just want to see what the 2.5 5 cylinder turbo is capable of lol.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I would be interested to see what the gain of a free flow no cat 3" system is over the likes of a Milltek as my car saw less than 10bhp gain with the addition of the Milltek on standard code.

@ Hurdy - How do you compare Revo to the other software you have had? Have you still got that big lump of stereo in it? I am just aware that Ben made a sliightly quicker time and terminal than the one you have in your sig and without some of the mods and weight saving you have?

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Northern Ireland: Limavady
djhorace,

Would the exhaust not need to have some sort of middle box in it to provide adequate back pressure? A 3 inch straight pipe would probably make you loose a bit of power surely?

Poverty

djhorace,

Would the exhaust not need to have some sort of middle box in it to provide adequate back pressure? A 3 inch straight pipe would probably make you loose a bit of power surely?

the amd leon race car has no mid box.

Poverty

or buy an audi TTRS and give me his edition 30 :whistle:

tt-rs runs modified version of the turbo that is in the 580hp RS6 beast albeit only one of them but I wonder how it will reacould give us a rough to modding. MTM should give us a rough idea soon.

Hurdy

Yorkshire - born and bred
Oct 7, 2008
South Yorkshire
I would be interested to see what the gain of a free flow no cat 3" system is over the likes of a Milltek as my car saw less than 10bhp gain with the addition of the Milltek on standard code.

@ Hurdy - How do you compare Revo to the other software you have had? Have you still got that big lump of stereo in it? I am just aware that Ben made a sliightly quicker time and terminal than the one you have in your sig and without some of the mods and weight saving you have?

Yeah Ben made a 13.2 with Revo stage 2 and The "top secret";) Revo DSG software on a nice cool day. He had a really strong car as it tended to make more bhp than other cars (like mine) on less mods. I believe he even managed a 13.1 just before his ban. He played incessantly with his REVO settings too. Which reminds me that I must try the same:redface:

The REVO software is only really comparable directly with the Custom Code Phase 2+ map I had on. The APR map was only stage 1 and it wouldn't be fair to draw a comparison. Both the CC and REVO maps are very good solid maps. I just wanted that little more oomph that the CC map didn't give me, plus the REVO map is easier for the end user to adjust and has more functions when you get the SPS+ controller.:D

Sorry....threadjacked again:redface:

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Yeah Ben made a 13.2 with Revo stage 2 and The "top secret";) Revo DSG software on a nice cool day. He had a really strong car as it tended to make more bhp than other cars (like mine) on less mods. I believe he even managed a 13.1 just before his ban. He played incessantly with his REVO settings too. Which reminds me that I must try the same:redface:

The REVO software is only really comparable directly with the Custom Code Phase 2+ map I had on. The APR map was only stage 1 and it wouldn't be fair to draw a comparison. Both the CC and REVO maps are very good solid maps. I just wanted that little more oomph that the CC map didn't give me, plus the REVO map is easier for the end user to adjust and has more functions when you get the SPS+ controller.:D

Sorry....threadjacked again:redface:

was Bens stage 2 or stage 2 +?

realneal00_0

Emocion Red Mk2 Cupra
Oct 5, 2008
Newcastle upon tyne
Jetex do a right and left oval exhaust catback too. has anybody got one of these or know what they sound like? are they decent quality? seem to be about the same price as milltek so how do they compare?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise